[SOLVED] embedding login module in overview description

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #217744 by mothersofboys
in
GJ config settings > overview tab > display > description

I would like to "embed" an option for someone to log in / register in the description area.

I tried doing this with a {loadposition loginH} plug in - but it doesn't work.

It works inside of a regular joomla content article but not here?

Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217792 by krileon
GJ doesn't process content bots anywhere so that won't work. Best you can do is to just provide a URL to the login page from the description or just add a module to the overview page (best approach).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #217802 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: embedding login module in overview description
I've tried adding a module to the overview page but it's not working. I have tried making a module just 'publish' on that page's URL < joomladesignstudios.co/fiber/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive > , and to that menu item < "clubs" > and have tried using the {loadmodule} plugin code in the description. None of those are working. I have the link on there for now.

thanks
LrG

11 years 4 months ago #217842 by krileon
Generate an internal Joomla menu link from GJ > Menus for the overview page. Now move that link wherever you like. Now assign modules to that new menu link and they should display and behave like any other module on a menu link does. The module needs to be in a valid module position for your template of course. Again, you can not render the module in the description; you need to render it on the menu link as you would any other module on any other page. GJ does not process content bots.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #217871 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: embedding login module in overview description
yay! that worked. I didn't think about doing it that way!

Thanks!
LrG
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn