[SOLVED] how to set group join approval

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #218745 by mothersofboys
[SOLVED] how to set group join approval was created by mothersofboys
as I have it now -

a registered user can browse a category, then browse groups and join the group without admin approval.

how/where do I set the permissions level that an admin/moderator has to approve all group creations and registered users joining a group?

on the groups - I have Type set to APPROVAL but as an admin, I am not getting any notification asking for approval when a registered logged in user wants to join a group.

That registered, logged in user is able to join a group with no admin approval.

My 'test' logged in registered user is also able to create a group within a category with no admin approval as well.

How can I fix this to where an admin/moderator has to approval group joins and group creations?

========
I found where to enable approval of creation of a new group -- but where/how to approve the joining of a group?
GJ GroupJive > config > groups > general > approval > enable

My group type is set to APPROVAL but yet registered logged in user is allowed to join the group with no moderator/admin approval.

AND I made a new group after changing this GJ GroupJive > config > groups > general > approval > to be enabled

I created a new group and got the message that said "Please await Group approval." but have yet to receive any notification about this new group being made.

I have my email set in the site global configs

I have set GJ >> Config > notifications > global > notify by > email only

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #218831 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: how to set group join approval

on the groups - I have Type set to APPROVAL but as an admin, I am not getting any notification asking for approval when a registered logged in user wants to join a group.

As an admin navigate to that group and click Notifications from the menu then set your self to receive notifications.

That registered, logged in user is able to join a group with no admin approval.

They'll join, but they'll be Pending state and can't access non-public information of the group. It should have told you that you joined successfully and are awaiting approval. This is confirmed working. If not for you then you've configured something wrong (ensure you're not making everyone a CB Moderator by reviewing moderator usergroup within CB > Configuration > Moderation).

I created a new group and got the message that said "Please await Group approval." but have yet to receive any notification about this new group being made.

You need to configure your notifications from the notification page while logged in as an admin to receive a notification for this. Notifications are user by user. It does not send a global notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #218888 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: how to set group join approval
aha! this seems to be working for me now!

Didn't think that these permissions would be set up on the front end...

I have enabled all my categories, groups and nested groups to the notification levels that I want and am receiving emails about users joining, leaving and creating new groups.

thanks again!
LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn