registered user "levels"

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #218964 by mothersofboys
registered user "levels" was created by mothersofboys
sorry if this is a mundane question...

but in my CB configuration > moderation tab
I currently have it set up to where Publishers are moderators...

In my situation - I need registered users who create a group (and the group is then approved by a SuperUser) to become a moderator and then that registered user can approve the members that want to join their group that they created.

How do I set a "plain-jane" registered user to a level that can then be a moderator { in this case, a publisher }?

Would this have to be done when the SuperUser admin approves the group creation? The SuperUser would then have to move that registered user to a level like author/editor/manager/publisher?

I have been testing this and if a registered user who is a true Registered User creates a group - the SuperUser does NOT get an email notification to approve group

if a Reg. User has been set to Author - then email notification is sent to SuperUSer.

So how is SuperUser supposed to know this group has been created and then, therefore, a Registered User can be promoted to a different level like "publisher" , or "author" level by SU ? and then once they are promoted to "publisher" - they will be notified and able to approve members wanting to join their group?

If I set CB Config > Moderation to "public" - (a level below Registered User) - doesn't that make Joe Q Public a "moderator" when I really don't want that? If/when I do that - now regular ol' Reg Users can unpublish other groups that have already been created?! Dont want that!

ultimately - this is what I want...
A SuperUser would have to approve a newly created GROUP

BUT as for other registered user members joining groups - I want the GROUP CREATOR (the "moderator") to approve the members joining the group that they (the group creator) just created.

The SuperUser admin would NOT have to approve GROUP MEMBERS, but the Group Creator Moderator would.

joomla 2.5.8 and CB 1.9

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #218993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registered user "levels"
You want them to be a CB Moderator? That sounds like a horrible mistake. CB Moderators have full control of other users and of GJ frontend. I'm assuming you want to make them GJ Moderators for that group, correct? If is the case there is no way to automate this. You need to promote them after adding them (so basically just 2 clicks instead of 1).

Group Owners don't need to be promoted to approve group join requests. They just review the Users tab of their group and promote people from pending, to group moderator, and even to group admin if they like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn