JCE /Javascript conflicts with Category Description

11 years 2 months ago #220463 by mothersofboys
Hi

I have GroupJive 2.5.3 on a Joomla 2.5 site. My default editor is JCE 2.2.4., which is enabled to accept Javascript, CSS and PHP and my Global Config Text Filter for Super Admin is set to NO FILTERING.

When I use my JCE to designate a link to be a popup in an ARTICLE of content, the popup function works fine.

When I designate an image link or text link in the GroupJive category description either with Javascript or with using my JCE editor - the popup link code is stripped upon save every time.

My ultimate goal is to have a "help button" as part of the Category description that shows a user how to use this part of the website. I would like the info to be delivered via a pop up window... similar to a overlibsticky that is an option with tabs & delimiter fields.

thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220483 by krileon
2.5.3 is massively out of date so that's probably your immediate issue. Latest release is 2.7.0rc2 available for download in the Professional downloads section. CB filtering is applied so you may need to whitelist various tags within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Joomla content bots are not processed in that release either, you can enable this in 2.7.0rc2 though, so many of those special editor features probably won't work without content bot processing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn