[SOLVED] turning off "articles", "pagebreak" and "read more" with Group Creation

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #220659 by mothersofboys
When a user is creating a new group on the front end - how can I "turn off" the "Articles", "page break" and "read more" buttons that appear under the description box?

I looked in all the group_ templates but didn't see anything that was obvious.

Thanks
LrG

also - on the same "create a group page" --

is there any way to set the club access, invite access, users public,nested, and nested access in a way that can't be edited -- so essentially all groups that are created have the same access, same settings?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220730 by krileon

When a user is creating a new group on the front end - how can I "turn off" the "Articles", "page break" and "read more" buttons that appear under the description box?

Nope, as far as I am aware there's nothing in our editor rendering API to even allow this. Maybe and editor like JCE can?

is there any way to set the club access, invite access, users public,nested, and nested access in a way that can't be edited -- so essentially all groups that are created have the same access, same settings?

Yes, within GJ > Configuration > Groups > Defaults you can set the defaults for various parameters and disable their visibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #220771 by mothersofboys
thanks! the Default tab took care of that one!

but take a look at my attached image.
joomladesignstudios.co/fiber/3buttons.jpg

Are you saying that the 3 buttons I've circled in pink are not generated by CB but are generated by my editor? (which is JCE)

11 years 2 months ago #220795 by krileon
Those are generated by JCE, we just call Joomlas editor function and it goes to JCE from there. You can hide them with CSS though. The below should get rid of them.
#cbGj #cbGjInner #editor-xtd-buttons {
    display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #220833 by mothersofboys
thanks! that worked!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.548 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn