[SOLVED] groupjive and kenuna

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159632 by Guardian1
[SOLVED] groupjive and kenuna was created by Guardian1
Ive noticed a slight problem (hope Im psoting in the right place)

I have kenuna 1.6 and Ive got it intergrated with groupjive

Now as far as I can see theres nothing to stop someone creating a group and being a monitor of that group ?

This also makes their username blue ? then when they go too "recent topics" they could in affect delete the entire forum, ? they seem to have the tick boxes at the side of each recent post on the forums and the drop down box to enable them too move or delete posts or by ticjking the top box on the board in effect delete the entire row of post on each "recent posts" row

Have I overlooked soemthing here or is this a glitch ?

ps

We have a main forum and underneath we have the group forums

When a person becomes a monitor of their group forum they do not have permissions for the main forum or anywhere else BUT

When they clcik on "recent topics" and go to the recent topics page , this gives them access to all the recent topics on the main forums with the tick boxes and the delete options for every topic on the main forum

So anyone with a vengeance could quite easily create a group, become a group monitor, and use the recent topic page to wipe out our main forum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159805 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: groupjive and kenuna
GJ for Kunena 1.6 uses API to give moderator access to a specific category. This would be a bug with Kunena if that user can in fact actually delete all messages within Recent Topics (have you tried?). Please contact Kunena concerning your issue. The user moderation as per Kunena API sets their global moderator flag to 1 then adds a category to moderate to the moderation database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159812 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: groupjive and kenuna
yes actually although the drop done selection is there for categories on the "recent topics" to delete and move ...I tested it and I was wrong :P

It will not allow me as a Moderator on a group forum to delete posts or categories within the main forum, you are right

thanks

13 years 3 weeks ago #159817 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: groupjive and kenuna
No worries then, seams just a display issues or a bad IF check inside Kunena which is likely fixed in their next release of 2.0. 1.6 is not much of their own code as they're still working on Fireboards base. However, 2.0 is a complete rewrite for them so expect a much better solution soon! In addition to better forums with 2.0 comes better API so GJ forum integration will be upgraded to use said API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Win

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn