[#6117] Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284128 by activha
Hello

Using CBsubs with a transfer from our CRM, we still have some manual baskets and payments dated last year to deal with.

Baskets correspond to invoices that we issued for our last year subscriptions.
For some, customers have stopped their business and these invoices/baskets will never be paid. Yet we need to keep a record of the history and of the digital invoice issued by the basket.

Our solution for now is to refund totally via the payment tab so that the invoice is kept and the basket marked as paid/refund

However this solution indicates the refund date as of today instead of as of the basket date. This is right for automated baskets but for offline baskets it would be good to have the ability to input a date of refund, and then affect the refund (non payment in this case) to the correct period (not screwing stats)

Hope you understand :)

So could you add a date field in the backend refund tab so that we can manually insert a date of refund if this is not an automated refund ?
Doing it via the DB is very enjoying for now

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input
Setting the refund date makes no sense. The date of the refund is the date the refund was made. That's trying to use it for a purpose it wasn't intended. You can pay the basket with $0, leave it unpaid, or delete it to; either should be fine for your needs. I'm unsure why you need a record of unpaid baskets.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284146 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input
As I already tried to explain to Beat and you on the forum, once a basket is created an invoice is also created with an invoice number.
Then we cannot delete the basket as it would also delete the invoice in the DB which is strictly forbidden by french laws and accounting rules (invoices should follow a numbering format and there should be no miss between two numbers)
Leaving it unpaid makes difficult sorting the data to find out if a manual paying customer needs to be called back to pay its invoice or not.
Setting it to 0 € makes the subscription activated.
So the correct procedure for offline payments not paid after a while (several months for us) would be to write a remark on the basket/invoice and mark it as reimbursed so that the payment does not appear in the stats.

As there is no bridge between CB subs and any invoicing software, we have to use it this way to avoid double entry for everything with another software.

That's not a lot to ask to make it usable for all purposes :)

7 years 8 months ago #284151 by krileon
The proper and legal usage would be to void the basket. Refunding it would incorrectly log an exchange of money that never happened. We will need to review implementing the capability to void a basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284156 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input
If voiding the basket means canceling the invoice that is not legal in France and most countries.
If voiding the pending basket means the invoice is marked as never paid that would be ok.

7 years 8 months ago #284170 by krileon
Voiding it would cancel the basket. It'd be marked us unpaid/closed/cancelled/whatever. At this time we have no cancelled state for baskets. It's either unpaid, paid, or doesn't exist basically.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn