[#6117] Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #284201 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input
Do you mean that by voiding the basket we could still keep the invoice and mark a remark as "defective customer" or "closed company" for instance ?

If yes that would be exactly what is needed.
(If we mark it paid for 0 for now, the subscription is active, so there is no way to look at the pending baskets now and try to find customers that we need to call back with a serious chance to get paid)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #284210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input
Currently your unpaid baskets are in a pending state. If you refund them they're in a refunded state and marked refunded. If you pay them they become active. If you delete them they are removed. There's no state to simply void the basket, which puts it in a cancelled state (no longer waiting for payment, etc..). For CBSubs the basket is the invoice so yes the invoice would still exist and be marked cancelled, voided, or whatever we decide to call it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #284211 by activha
So, this is exactly what's needed :-)
Any chance for a nightly build soon ?

7 years 9 months ago #284214 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Cbsubs refund with Manuel date input

activha wrote: So, this is exactly what's needed :-)
Any chance for a nightly build soon ?

No. Adding and testing a new state throughout CBSubs is not a quick nor easy task.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #284241 by activha
Well that looks like it's needed because all proposed solutions change the stats of CBsubs.

For instance, if we mark the basket as paid for 0 euros, it activates the subscription anyway for the customer.
Even if we manually change the subscription, then the full amount (without taxes) is shown in monthly stat sales and if we look at payments stats, then the amount is set to 0.
But we cannot even take the monthly (or any other period) payment stat pages as correct, because if we have another customer paying partially this time its invoice/basket, then its payment is computed for the full amount set on the invoice and only monthly sales are correct this time.

This makes it not possible to get correct monthly stats

Further we triple checked with european accounting rules and with our accounting advisors and the tax computation page should really be updated as already explained in this post : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/234146-cbsubs-tax-report?start=6

For a lot if not most of service/subscription european sellers, taxes are due on real payment cashed in and not invoice issuance.

Let's take an example with a subscription of 1000 $ including VAT 200 $ :

- Invoice is made for 1000 $ including taxes VAT 200 $ : taxes are not due to be paid at issuance of the invoice, and invoices cannot be replaced or suppressed [even if we call it baskets, once an invoice is issued with an invoice number this cannot be deleted and the number has to follow a pattern]

- Payment is received for 1000 $ : taxes are due to be paid in the month following real reception of the payment on the bank account , this has nothing to do with the date of issuance of the invoice.

- Payment is made partially for 500 $ [for any reason] : taxes are due to be paid in the month following real reception of the partial payment and calculated on the payment received, so it means 100 $ VAT to be paid only.

All this implies that CBsubs stats and tax stat page should reflect these rules when VAT option is set for services in Europe.

For instance it would be best that payment stat page has a new column with the taxes paid and takes into account only real payments received.

And it would be best that Baskets marked as paid to zero would not false sales stats and taxes stats.

Hope you understand as it is difficult to explain in English for a French native.

As I explained in French to Beat in a private message, I consider CBSubs as one of the best product for joomla and will be glad to publish a review in joomla.org on this. We are also ready to share our experience with others if needed.

With some small adaptations it can be a perfect product. I understand that it's main target is subscriptions selling, but subscriptions are a product like any other one, and following business, accounting and tax rules would simply avoid double work for all SMB accountants :-)

7 years 9 months ago #284249 by activha
I sent you a private message

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn