Unable to restrict a chat module usage for free plan

7 years 3 months ago #290156 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

I tried to turn all modules, Plugins , articles etc one by one , but the memory utilization only reduced from 74 MB to 69 mb.
I have checked all my custom created modules and they are not generating any memory issues as disabling all of them didn't bring the memory utilization down.

Few things that i noticed are :-

1) worst memory usage issue(74MB utilization) happens only when a users visits their own profile.
2) in the debug console half of the memory(33MB) is being used by "Application: Start JAccess::getAssetRules Old (1)" :-

Attachment not found

3) The DB queries that are duplicate are not created by me :-

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290157 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

Attaching the pics they didnt attach first time
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #290209 by krileon
The getAssetRules issues are all on Joomla. They're not caching the Super Users access rule check. We've added caching in CB it self to help avoid it as much as possible, but without Joomla adding caching it self to its own function for that there's nothing more we can do.

With that said there's no way it should be having such a huge performance impact unless you've a massive amount of view access levels or usergroups, which I highly suggest you don't do. Your bottleneck seams to be something with your ACL. It's going to be very difficult for you to find the actual performance problem without xdebug profiler.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290370 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

after toiling for a few days and with a lot of trial and error i have finally got the Xdebug profiler working on a localhost with the latest backup of my website.
And I am attaching below the findings from that. The issue seems to be with the CB plugins and CB_Login Module , please refer to the screenshot's and suggest accordingly :-

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #290384 by krileon
Your memory usage is fine. Your only remaining issue is the performance of Joomlas own ACL function that we've no control over. There's no improving that beyond Joomla improving it themselves. You'll see that performance hit on nearly every extensions. For example go to Kunena and you get "Application: Start JAccess::getAssetRules Old (com_kunena)" taking over 1000ms. Even com_content (core Joomla content articles) have a 300ms hit from that function. In short the ACL functions in Joomla have terrible performance. The good news is they're aware of it and several proposals have been made on github to improve it.

With that said I've added a feature ticket to see if I can improve it further from within CB.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6450

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290432 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

Some of the questions that i am unable to answer are :-

1) Why Joomla ACL has no issues or memory problems with its own articles , some of them even has my custom code running yet they load at a fast speed with less than half of the memory usage of the Cb profile page.

2) Why are the Mentioned CB articles, blogs, forums causing so much memory utilization, when infact i have disabled the CB articles, Forums , blogs fields from cb profile?

So basically CB is using Jooma ACL even for plugins whose fields are disabled and utilizing high memory?

3) I tried to disable the CB articles plugin and log back into a user profile and the website crashes with a fatal error, there is definitely something not right with the plugin handler that is leaking memory and causing crash on disabling. when i check the part of code causing memory issues it leads me to an array in CB plugin code . I have attached this for your reference,Please.

Please find the error screenshot i get after disable the CB articles plugin.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn