Having issues with CB Auto Actions

7 years 2 months ago #291736 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Having issues with CB Auto Actions
The 3rd condition as follows is what keeps it from applying to renewals.

3: [var7] Equal To N

The below ensures it only applies to new subscriptions. If you want it to apply to new subscriptions and upgrades you need the below.

3: [var7] Not Equal To R

That ensure it applies to new subscriptions and upgrades, but now renewals. [var7] will be one of the following.

N = new subscription
R = renewal
U = update

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297019 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Having issues with CB Auto Actions
We have adjusted the settings to only populate a field when a new subscription happens but are still getting these actions triggered when a renewal is completed.
I am attaching a picture for the settings we have for all plans.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #297030 by krileon
The following conditions are all that's necessary for acting on new subscriptions to a plan.

1. [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID
2. [var2] Equal To A
3. [var7] Equal To N

If you want it to cover all purchases except renewals you'd use the below condition for var7.

3. [var7] Not Equal To R

Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. These are the exact conditions several integrations are using. Review CBSubs Emails code for more examples as it conditions against a wide range of states.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297084 by cagoffice
Field is still populating upon renewals based on the settings you gave us. Is there any chance these renewals are not triggered as "renewals" in the system?

6 years 7 months ago #297115 by krileon
Depends on how you're purchasing. Are you using single payments only? Each single payment generates a new basket instead of renewing an existing in which case yes it'll always be a new purchase. You can likely just add another condition to check if the field has already been changed. Your alternative is you'll need to condition off the subscription object in [var9], which gives access to all the data stored in _cbsubs_subscriptions for that subscription row.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 7 months ago #297118 by cagoffice
Purchases are done as a single payment. There are not recurring payments used.
We are trying to populate a field when its a new user and a brand new subscription.
Based on your suggestion of using [var9] what field could we put the condition to when the subscription is a totally new purchase and user never existed in the system.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn