Payment reports

6 years 8 months ago #296396 by JerryK132
Payment reports was created by JerryK132
Hi
We need some reporting for Gift-Aid (UK tax refunds offered for consenting UK taxpayers) analysis purposes. This must bring together a list of all payments received in a given period, along with the name, address and several other CB user defined fields. We need all payments - ie including those which CB-Subs considers to be recurring due to automated recurring renewals. There must be a number of ways to do this and I suspect that some of them mean we have to carry out some development ourselves, but I would appreciate your thoughts on how best to approach this - including whether you are planning some reporting yourselves.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment reports
Typically that is information you should pull directly from your payment provider. PayPal for example has features to easily do this and export the data as CSV. Aside from that the easiest approach is a custom database query and export the results as CSV. I believe there are reporting extensions that let you build reports off custom database tables that you can also export, but I've no experience with such extensions. In short CB and CBSubs have no export functionality. You can see the payments within CBSubs > Payments, but you will not be able to export to CSV or anything of the sort from there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296420 by JerryK132
Replied by JerryK132 on topic Payment reports
Thanks. We use the PayPal basic gateway and their reporting is very poor. It also does not match very well with our CB/Joomla data. CB pages are generally quite good for copy/pasting (paste special!) into excel, but I obviously need to join the table(s) for users with the table(s) for baskets/payments/etc. We only need the report relatively rarely - monthly or quarterly, so I can do it via phpmyadmin if I could be certain of the tables/fields/queries to use. I could also perhaps use Cronoforms for a more integrated approach. Can you help us with the query details though?

Quite a few people have expressed an interest in Gift Aid reporting. No clear solutions. This is a problem for non-profits in the UK
Thanks

6 years 8 months ago #296428 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Payment reports

We use the PayPal basic gateway and their reporting is very poor.

It's hard to find, but the old History page lets you filter and export the results which will include everything you need from a tax/accounting perspective. The easiest way to get there is on your Summery page click "Seller preferences" under "Seller tools" then on the preferences page click "History" on the top menu. You should now be able to filter payments sent/received history and export it in a number of formats.

Can you help us with the query details though?

See the below topic for an example of joining the users and subscriptions tables.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/213125-export-user-from-cb-subs#213133

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds