Registration options

12 years 4 months ago #187568 by pfletcher
Registration options was created by pfletcher
Hi I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers to save me struggling through a project I am about to start.

I would like users to create personal profiles on my website. I purchased CBSubs and am now about to start. I need to create differing registration options or pages. There will be a generic set of criteria such as Name, email, date of birth etc but I will need to have different drop down options for different profiles. For example for a person registering who is a Model will need Height, Eye Colour, Hair Colour etc and a person registering as a Graphic Designer will need skill set drop down options.

Can this all be done on one page where certain registration options appear when a career option is selected from a dropdown list? Or, will I have to have a icons for each career and then forward to individual registration pages? This will all have to be in the same table though as it will need to be searchable

Hope this makes sense and any information will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registration options
To have different fields based off subscription you'll first need to edit your plans and hide fields that don't relate to the subscription on the Workflows tab of your plans. Once done you'll need to ensure CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration is installed and you've protected those same fields based off owners subscription so they don't show on their profile if not relevant to their subscription.

All of this would be dynamic and requires a single registration page (CBs registration page).

If you want fields to show/hide based off other field values though you'll need incubator project CB Conditional. Once installed and enabled simply edit your fields from Field Management and you can configure up to 5 conditions per field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pfletcher

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn