cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install

3 years 3 months ago #322614 by timblack1
cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install was created by timblack1
I tried to upgrade my Community Builder plugins and got the following error:
002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.0+build.2020.12.28.16.10.43.643177d9b.zip is being installed.
002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.5.0+build.2020.12.28.16.10.43.643177d9b.zip failed to install! hide
500 - Internal Server Error

What can I do to fix this error?

Note that I already have the same version of CB Subs installed which is mentioned in the error message.

I'm running:

- Community Builder 2.4.7+build.2021.01.13.21.19.36.4c90345f9
- CB Subs 4.5.0+build.2020.12.28.16.10.43.643177d9b
- Joomla! 3.9.24
- PHP 7.3

Thank you for your help!

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #322643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install
Unfortunately 500 internal errors are nearly impossible to debug. Typically happens due to something in PHP or SQL failing entirely and crashing. How are you trying to update? Download manually or using CBs built in Install from Web? If manually are you trying to update from within Joomlas extensions page or from within CBs plugin install page?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 months ago #322648 by timblack1
Replied by timblack1 on topic cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install

How are you trying to update? Download manually or using CBs built in Install from Web? If manually are you trying to update from within Joomlas extensions page or from within CBs plugin install page?

I'm trying to update using CB's plugin install page. I tried both the install from web option and the install from local file option, and got the same result.

Running "Check Community Builder Plugins Database" returns the following:
CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database structure differences:
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column receiver_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column custom type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column invoice type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column memo type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column option_name1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column option_selection1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column option_name2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column option_selection2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auth_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auth_exp type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auth_amount type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auth_status type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column num_cart_items type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column payment_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column reason_code type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column remaining_settle type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column transaction_entitiy type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column mc_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column settle_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auction_buyer_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auction_closing_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column auction_multi_item type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column for_auction type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column subscr_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column subscr_effective type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column period1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column period2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column period3 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column username type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column password type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column subscr_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column case_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column case_type type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_notifications Column case_creation_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column payment_method type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column shared_secret type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column ip_addresses type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column charset type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_street type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_city type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_state type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_zip type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_country type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_country_code type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column address_status type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column first_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column last_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column payer_business_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column payer_email type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column payer_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column residence_country type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column business type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column item_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column item_number type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column receiver_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column custom type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column invoice type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column proformainvoice type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column memo type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column option_name1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column option_selection1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column option_name2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column option_selection2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auth_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auth_exp type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auth_amount type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auth_status type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column num_cart_items type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column payment_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column reason_code type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column remaining_settle type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column transaction_entitiy type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column mc_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column settle_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auction_buyer_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auction_closing_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column auction_multi_item type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column for_auction type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column subscr_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column subscr_effective type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column period1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column period2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column period3 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column username type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column password type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column subscr_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column case_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column case_type type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payment_baskets Column case_creation_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column payment_method type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column ip_addresses type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column notify_version type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column verify_sign type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column charset type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_street type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_city type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_state type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_zip type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_country type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_country_code type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column address_status type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column first_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column last_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column payer_business_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column payer_email type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column payer_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column residence_country type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column business type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column item_name type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column item_number type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column receiver_email type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column receiver_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column custom type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column invoice type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column memo type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column option_name1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column option_selection1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column option_name2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column option_selection2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auth_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auth_exp type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auth_amount type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auth_status type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column num_cart_items type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column payment_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column reason_code type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column remaining_settle type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column transaction_entitiy type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column mc_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column settle_currency type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auction_buyer_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auction_closing_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column auction_multi_item type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column for_auction type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column subscr_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column subscr_effective type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column period1 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column period2 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column period3 type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column retry_at type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column username type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column password type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column subscr_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column case_id type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column case_type type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_payments Column case_creation_date type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column item_alias type is text instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column hideregistrationfields type is varchar(512) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_1_basket_gatewayaccounts type is varchar(128) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_1_basket_payment_methods type is varchar(256) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_1_basket_payment_types type is varchar(256) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_2_basket_gatewayaccounts type is varchar(128) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_2_basket_payment_methods type is varchar(256) instead of text
Table #__cbsubs_plans Column cond_2_basket_payment_types type is varchar(256) instead of text
The CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to fix (adjust) all CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

Hm. This reminds me that I'm using MariaDB (version listed below), rather than MySQL, which could be the cause of the problems above. I'm not sure what the right fix would be. I've fixed a similar issue before by converting varchar to text columns in the schema; I will look into whether that will solve this problem.
$ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.27-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

I see Joomla & Community Builder do not officially support MariaDB, according to www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/242326-solved-cb-field-groups. So if that means you can't provide further advice, I understand.

Kind regards,

Tim

3 years 3 months ago #322652 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN failed to install
What version of CBSubs are you updating from? Try running the database fix tools within CB > Tools and use their fix links if fixes are needed. Once done try updating again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn