[SOLVED] CB Field Groups

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317657 by Abmago
[SOLVED] CB Field Groups was created by Abmago
Hi, installation of CB Field Groups was succesful, but application in practice had problems. I made a new CB field and chose type 'Group Field'. But after saving I got the following message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'json' at line 2".

The CB support forum tells somewhere: “MariaDB is not supported [by Community Builder]. We're not able to properly detect SQL support for JSON columns in MariaDB either. MySQL 5.7.8+ is recommended to properly fully support JSON columns otherwise it will fallback to using a TEXT column. I've no idea how this behavior will work on MariaDB since again it's not supported.”

My host provider told me that they can't help me, because it is beyond their expertise. They make use of MariaDB 10.1+ in combination with libmysql - 5.6.43.

What is my next step? I am no expert. Am I the only one with this problem? Does CB Field Groups end here for me, unless I hire an expert?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Field Groups
MariaDB is not officially supported by Joomla and thus it is not supported by CB. If it works it will be on luck alone. We directly state our requirements below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/276-community-builder/getting-started/18576-technical-requirements-for-community-builder

Joomla requirements are below.

downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements

There's nothing we can do for you as you are using an unsupported environment. Your database would need be changed to MySQL instead of MariaDB and you'd need to transfer your entire database data over to it. MySQL version 5.7.8+ is required if you want to be able to search field group fields since that's when JSON functions were implemented, but 5.6 will work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317679 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic CB Field Groups
This is clear information! Sad, but true. I will contact the host provider again...

4 years 2 weeks ago #317685 by Abmago
It seems that my host provider makes no use of MySQL. Also in future.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Field Groups
If they don't want to support MySQL see if they can at least update MariaDB to at least 10.2 or later which has implemented JSON functions. It's possible it will work once MariaDB is updated, but it's not a guarantee.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317706 by Abmago
My host provider is able to this and offered me to move to a special server with MariaDB 10.2. Very kind of them. I am very curious if this will help. After their upgrade I will tell you more.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn