My custom plugin

15 years 7 months ago #74820 by krileon
My custom plugin was created by krileon
I got tired of no pagination and I have no clue how to add it. So I've designed a new plugin.

It'll show the groups just like the normal plugin, but now it will hide the tab if the person is in no groups AND if they have too many it will create a scroll box.

You can change the height of the div if you want, but It's set to show approx. 3 groups before scrolling begins.

So they get all their groups on 1 page and you don't get a totally screwed up design.

I've also done a lot of work on the jason template. Changed looks a bit and added extra links. People can join directly from the group tab. See how many group members their are. See who the admin is. Shows what category the group belongs to. There's also no copyright crap on it.

Attachment plug_groupjive.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76365 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:My custom plugin
Hi,

I'd been having trouble with the GJ plugin on CB1.2RC3, Joomla 1.5, and thought I'd give your version a test, but alas I have the same problem as with the beta version of groupjive.org.

If I click on the profile of anyone who has a group, I get a blank page.

Any thoughts what the problem might be?

15 years 6 months ago #76366 by asgard
Some more info from turning on PHP errors -

Fatal error: getGroupjiveTab::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\HelmSites\traningskompisar.com\wwwroot/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\HelmSites\traningskompisar.com\wwwroot\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_groupjivetab\groupjive.php on line 134

Similar issues involving pattemplate were reported in this thread about Advance Search

15 years 6 months ago #76367 by asgard
Simple solution!

Comment out line 134 from groupjive.php since the new patTemplate.php is already loaded.

[code:1]//require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path . '/includes/patTemplate/patTemplate.php' );[/code:1]

So far all seems to be working well.

15 years 6 months ago #78051 by MindArchr
Replied by MindArchr on topic Re:My custom plugin
Fantastic. Thanks alot.

Digital Remarks invites you to join the social network that lets you express yourself, share interests, and meet new people! Built entirely with Joomla & CB.
www.digitalremarks.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds