Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #47091 by villager
Replied by villager on topic above

Post edited by: villager, at: 2007/10/03 05:38

16 years 7 months ago #47092 by villager
Replied by villager on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
CB1.1

About us first: See villageforum.com to get an idea of what we want to do... in effect put suburbs out of business and build villages instead. Big mission.

As part of that we support the fundamental principle of open source and are looking to build a village, a real one, based on the same principles. For that reason, when our volunteer tech guy - we are all volunteers - proposed Joomla, we took it on. The weeks of time getting it operational no doubt cost more in time, than if I had gotten a temporary job flipping burgers to pay for buying a package, but finally it looks OK.

About the problem: When we sign up to CB it works. But when our building systems guru in Australia tried to register as a new member, he got the your session is over or cookies disabled message. So I came to the forum and did a search of expired, finding an afternoon's worth of reading material. No complaints there, because for the last three days we have been having howling gales and torrential rains - I'm on an island in the South Pacific off Auckland, NZ... better to be hunkering down in front of a nice warm display station. But I digress.

The solution posted on this subject seems to make more sense than others, so I downloaded comprofiler.php, put it into a word processor to find line 1015 and some of the code looked the same... but not all. What I found was:

// simple spoof check security
cbSpoofCheck();
if ( cbGetParam( $_GET, "action" ) == "search" ) {
$search = $searchPOST;
}
} elseif ( $searchGET || $limitstart ) {
cbSpoofCheck( 'GET' );
if ( isset( $_GET ) ) {
$search = $searchGET;

This is not the same as

// simple spoof check security

cbSpoofCheck();

cbRegAntiSpamCheck();

So, before I go ahead and start commenting out things (noting that I have not been trained in this stuff, and tend to learn by blowing things up), I thought it might be intelligent of me to ask if I am on the right track or not.

My question is what do I need to do, to fix the code so new people registering do not get error messages? I would appreciate if the explanation is somewhat detailed so I can find and fix.

There may be a slight panic in my voice (I'm sure you can hear it), as the word is starting to get out about the Village idea, and people are starting to call with positive excitement. They want to sign up and to spread the word, something that might freeze in mid air if they get a no-go message like my building guru in Australia got.

So I would be most grateful if someone would answer this soon, and give me enough to dig my way out. Also, if any of you are interested in the concept of living in a Village (noting that a key requirement is superfast, superfat broadband), try registering. If it works, tell me. If it doesn't work, tell me why, if you can.

Thanks so much in advance,

Claude

16 years 6 months ago #50460 by Jasrin
Replied by Jasrin on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Using [code:1]// simple spoof check security
//cbSpoofCheck();
//cbRegAntiSpamCheck();[/code:1]
don’t solve the problem.:(

/SkrivarSidan
www.skrivarsidan.nu

16 years 5 months ago #50546 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Commenting out those 2 lines doesnt work for me either. I get a "Session Expired" message when trying to send mail.

Any news on the matter?

cheers,

nethead.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn