session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

16 years 4 months ago #54377 by beat
shtula wrote:

Some of my users are reporting those session expired and cookie errors and some aren't even able to register or log in at all because of this.

Could you please ask those users if their clock and date on their PC is up to date ?

I'm suspecting it's not... Making needed cookies expired, as seen from the browser.

@ iosoft :

Could be same problem, but in Joomla. Please ask that question to the people having problems too, and report back. Also try upgrading to Joomla 1.0.14 RC 1 to see if that fixes it ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #54536 by fungkur
Replied by fungkur on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
beat wrote:

Could be same problem, but in Joomla. Please ask that question to the people having problems too, and report back. Also try upgrading to Joomla 1.0.14 RC 1 to see if that fixes it ?

upgrading joomla to 1.0.14-RC1 not solving the problem :unsure:

Using

// simple spoof check security
//cbSpoofCheck();
//cbRegAntiSpamCheck();

solve my problem... :woohoo:

* at line 1015 !!!

Post edited by: fungkur, at: 2008/01/17 19:55

spit it out!

16 years 3 months ago #55368 by Bokis
Replied by Bokis on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

Could you please ask those users if their clock and date on their PC is up to date ?

I'm suspecting it's not... Making needed cookies expired, as seen from the browser.

Is this the fix for this problem?

16 years 1 month ago #59678 by clawfinger
Replied by clawfinger on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I got the same problem. Doesnt work in Firefox mozilla or opera, but works just fine in IE. Whats the issue with this? Are there any fixes yet? Exept the //-add in those lines?

16 years 2 weeks ago #61938 by siegfriedp
Replied by siegfriedp on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I think you're near the solution. I turned my clock one hour forward and i could reproduce the error in ie6 for only one time. Unlucky for ONLY one time. Then i have deleted all cookies and the error doesn't occur once more.

Siegfried

16 years 2 days ago #63079 by kenkel22
Replied by kenkel22 on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I am getting this error with a brand new site that with the launch yesterday, it seems that a third of users are getting this error when they register. I have kept simple registration with no additional fields and I am runnging 1.5.3 legacy. help! it is even happening to me intermittently and my date and time are fine but how would the host machine date and time figure in to this?

Post edited by: kenkel22, at: 2008/05/17 11:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn