session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

15 years 11 months ago #64863 by tdesvages
Replied by tdesvages on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Hi,

I have he same pb and some of my members cannot register.
One told me he tried with Firefox and IE (with cookies activated in config) --> same results.

OK to upgrade and tell you if it works for CB 1.2.

Yet, I use CB profile plugin in my articles and CB Advanced search. Will those extensions still work with CB 1.2?

Thanks

Théo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64928 by beat
tdesvages wrote:

Hi,

I have he same pb and some of my members cannot register.
One told me he tried with Firefox and IE (with cookies activated in config) --> same results.

OK to upgrade and tell you if it works for CB 1.2.

that would be very cool and save us some time as well...while having a good probability to fix your problem... B)
Thanks.

Yet, I use CB profile plugin in my articles and CB Advanced search. Will those extensions still work with CB 1.2?

Thanks

Théo

Advanced search, I can't tell, as the multi-criteria search is integrated in users-lists, so you probably won't need it anymore.

The CB autorbot mambot should be compatible, if it's that that you are referring.

As usual, test on a site clone first (it can be in a subdomain, no need for new hoster or domain), and take a look at known issues in CB 1.2 RC subforum of same name. Nothing major, just to save you time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #65041 by tdesvages
Hi,

Forget about my post. I can't upgrade cause my site is running on PHP4 and I can do nothing to change it. Thanks OVH!!!

Well, I may totally disable CB while waiting for the new CB 1.2 to be ready.

Well, that's a big problem for people like me that organized their website with CB as a major link between other components.
Thanks CB!!!

15 years 11 months ago #65349 by Mackelito
Replied by Mackelito on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I am having this problem in ff as well... ajax check does no differens :(

edit: also the "header('P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM"');" fix doesn´t work..

Post edited by: Mackelito, at: 2008/06/11 15:18

15 years 11 months ago #65403 by tdesvages
Yep,
on the one hand we have a new version of CB that still needs tests and fixes to work properly (and surely new pbs will appear when it will be released).

on the other hand, we have an old version that we all have that need to be fixed cause it doesn't work and we loose users subscription everyday.
Yet, CB developers does not want to touch this one anylonger cause they have their new version (that doesn't work properly and will need some time to do so).

Sorry for being cynical, but wouldn't it be better to find a fix for the old version and finish the job properly instead of running into new problems straight ahead?

Well keep in touch, maybe someday we'll have at least one good version that we can install.

TO

15 years 10 months ago #66536 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I need to chime in here with a different perspective.

I've recently run into the session expired and/or cookies are not enabled issue and have people complaining about not being able to register. This occurred with a new template I designed. When I switch back to my old template it seems that the problem is resolved.

Could there be code in the template itself which causes this cookie/session problem? I'm trying to figure that out.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn