Error

Please login first

session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

15 years 11 months ago #63525 by siegfriedp
Replied by siegfriedp on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Hello Beat,

unfortunately the problem is outside and the only question i almost can ask is the name of the browser. Most of the people didn't know what a cookie is - so its very difficult to ask such users for a configured security-level. So i think there is the Standard-configuration.

I have one User who had no Problems to login - but he gets the error when he tries to register. I could only force the error for one time when i changed the clock in my pc - but only for one time. The next try and all worked fine. I had users with IE and Firefox.

Hope this helps a little.
Best Regards
Siegfried

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63527 by kenkel22
Replied by kenkel22 on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
how can i get 1.2RC? i am a paid documentation subscriber.

i truly appreciate how attentive and responsive CB is in this forum but the reply posted above sounds almost like the perception is that this is a new issue. I used a fix that I found in a post from months ago. Is this just a combination of new versions of IE, joomla, etc etc just coming to a roadblock all of a sudden? i.e. jupiter has aligned with mars finally? grumble grumble

15 years 11 months ago #63532 by beat
There is already a fix in CB 1.2 for this joomla 1.0 + IE problem.

If you want to try it in CB 1.1, just add this line in the begining of site's index.php file (inside a <?php tag):

[code:1] header('P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM"'); // needed for IE6 to accept cookies in higher security setting.

[/code:1]

Joomla 1.5 sends this header that IE expects in high-level security mode, for accepting cookies, but joomla 1.0 doesn't send this.

If this still doesn't work, and you have this problem persisting, please reply here (if it works, of course reply too!).

CB 1.2 has a few more improvements for this, and i'm quite confident, but can't be 100% sure. Thus it would be good to have a confirming feedback of 1-2 persons which experiment directly and heavily this problem (or have users available which experiment it systematically), in regards to CB 1.2 beta tests.

If it's your case, please PM Nick (nant) on this site with short explanation of the exact problem you face, site url, reference URL to this thread and available time to test this over next 24 and 48 hours. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #63533 by siegfriedp
Hello Beat,

thank you very much - i will try it. I have the code placed in the index.php after the first PHP-Tag.
Now i must ask some people to try to register once more.

I will give you feedback.

Siegfried

15 years 11 months ago #63880 by friedice
Replied by friedice on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
I am already at my wits end with this sessions expired problem as new users are no longer able to register on my site. I would now like to uninstall CB completely as I feel it is just not worth the trouble. Are there any things I should look out for when uninstalling CB. My configuration is Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable & CB 1.0.2 on Apache version 2.2.8 (Unix) & PHP version 5.2.6.

Thanks for any info.

15 years 11 months ago #63881 by siegfriedp
Hello Beat,

we had tested the solution - but the error still exists.

Siegfried

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn