session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

16 years 2 days ago #63080 by kenkel22
Replied by kenkel22 on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
me again - i checked my own pc time and the host time and they are identical and current.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 21 hours ago #63161 by kenkel22
I would like to use this fix for the timebeing. Anyone out there had any problems that installed this fix? My users CAN'T REGISTER!! very embarrassing and I'm over a barrel since to my knowledge CB is the only add-on that provides an approval process for all registrations.

15 years 11 months ago #63515 by siegfriedp
Replied by siegfriedp on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Hello,

is it right that its required for one or more beta-releases, on or more release canditates for cb 1.2? Then my tip for the final release is September 2010 !!! :sick:

So its unimpossible to have patience for the solution of the cookie-problem with cb 1.2. We need a solution NOW!!! Or should everybody forward the mails from frustated regstration-users to joomlapolis:P

Best regards
Siegfried

15 years 11 months ago #63517 by kenkel22
or maybe i should post the new registration module from joobisoft. If it had been available when I needed approval-based registration, I would have used it instead. I just found out about it. I commented out the lines of code to bypass the errors and so far so good, however I am very uncomfortable making 'fixes' like that. It is my understanding that CB feels that this is a joomla bug not a CB bug. Haven't gone any further to find out what joomla says about it. The only reason I use cb is for the ability to hold up registrations until admin approves them and also to create custom fields to gather data during registration but there are other ways of doing that. What I don't understand is why a patch cannot go out for the sessions/cookies issue. It's a showstopper.

15 years 11 months ago #63518 by siegfriedp
Replied by siegfriedp on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Its a real showstopper. Unfortunately i had programmed some tools to synchronize the data from joomla/CB with an external club-administration program. so it means a lot of work for me to take another module for registration.:blink:

Siegfried

15 years 11 months ago #63522 by beat
If it's IE, what's the security level ?

Maybe it's to high to accept cookies without privacy policy ?

Will be monitoring this thread in next hours, to make extra sure that CB 1.2 RC solves this problem (and give solution for CB 1.1, if it's not overly complex).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn