CB 1.7 Released!

12 years 8 months ago #171460 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
Regarding the admin menu please insure your J1.6 or J1.7 installation did not have a pre-1.4 release installed as this would bug the menu links. To fix this please navigate to your database and run the below query. Once done install CB 1.7 again and the issue should be resolved.
DELETE FROM `jos_menu` WHERE `path` LIKE '%comprofiler%';

Please change the prefix (jos) in the above query if your database is using a different prefix. Once done please review the _menu table to ensure the CB menu links were deleted appropriately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitkobg, pm09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #171495 by pm09
Replied by pm09 on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!

krileon wrote: Regarding the admin menu please insure your J1.6 or J1.7 installation did not have a pre-1.4 release installed as this would bug the menu links. To fix this please navigate to your database and run the below query. Once done install CB 1.7 again and the issue should be resolved.

Please change the prefix (jos) in the above query if your database is using a different prefix. Once done please review the _menu table to ensure the CB menu links were deleted appropriately.

Thanks it works. :cheer:

Deleted all the database tabels of community builder.
And reinstalled community builder. And the CB menu is now in the admin menu.

12 years 8 months ago #171499 by mitkobg
Replied by mitkobg on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
thanks!

12 years 8 months ago #171502 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released! | CB substitution improvement
Great news!
One short question: The Release-Article mentioned CB substitution improvements.
Whats new or what has changed?

12 years 8 months ago #171546 by JSteveB
Replied by JSteveB on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!

krileon wrote: Regarding the admin menu please insure your J1.6 or J1.7 installation did not have a pre-1.4 release installed as this would bug the menu links. To fix this please navigate to your database and run the below query. Once done install CB 1.7 again and the issue should be resolved.

THANK YOUU!!!!!!!!! ITS WORK!!!!!

12 years 8 months ago #171722 by meloman
Replied by meloman on topic Re: CB 1.7 Released!
The readme-upgrade.txt file is misleading. It says to save the config file, uninstall the component and module but not the plugins, then reinstall the component and modules and put the config file back.

Also it's not clear wich part refer to upgrading from 1.4 to 1.7. I guess it's the "Normal upgrade" part!?

The PDF says we can install the new extensions over the old one without uninstalling. I think the PDF is right. In the XML file the installer use the "upgrade" method.

I've been using CB for a long time, so I can find my way to upgrading everything but I remember when I was a Joomla newbie, I wanted to cry at every CB update. The instructions and the update process is too complicated. It's nice you provide a PDF to assist people on the upgrade but if I need to read 39 pages to upgrade a joomla extension, I think something is wrong somewhere! A little bit of automation would be appreciated!

Anyway, thanks for this release. I'll try the upgrade right now! B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn