Changelog RC3

15 years 6 months ago #76087 by fixe
Changelog RC3 was created by fixe
Hi,

Where can we find a changelog file for 1.2 RC3 ?

Thanks,

François

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Changelog RC3
I'm interested in this as well.

Just upgraded to RC3 and reapplied my core hacks. Didn't notice too much difference. I did note that the fireboard plugin was upgraded.

I wonder if it supports the newest fireboard?

Announcement says all the bugs from the previous version got smashed and a few new additions.

Looks good. Good job guys!

I'm going to test out the new fireboard and see what happens.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/02 14:58

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76095 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Changelog RC3
krileon wrote:

I'm interested in this as well.

Just upgraded to RC3 and reapplied my core hacks. Didn't notice too much difference. I did note that the fireboard plugin was upgraded.

I wonder if it supports the newest fireboard?

If your core hacks are done because of a missing API to do them as a clean plugin, maybe we can help with the missing API ?

FIreboard 1.0.5 RC 1 has been tested and is supported.

Changelogs:
- see fixed 24 known RC 2 issues in forum, which are all fixed, and the front-page article for the new features. We will be working on completing the CB 1.2 RC 3 documentation over the next few days. As a matter of fact, we were wrong again with our latest internal forecast for the zero-bug goal of RC 3: we were estimating early next week....so we were wrong agian, it's there now... :D

CB 1.2 RC 3 is mainly a stability release compared to CB 1.2 RC 2. We gave priority to stability over features, as we want to be able to release CB 1.2 Stable soon.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Changelog RC3
Got the new Fireboard up and running. Works perfectly. Wonderful job guys. I've also noticed profiles load 3 times faster. I know for a fact any change I made didn't make this happen as I noticed it directly after upgrading. VERY impressed with RC3. Keep up the fantastic work.

My core hacks are little copy and pastes, because I couldn't get a tab to achieve the effect.

Here's what I've done. I've created a style that changes the CSS styles of the profile using input from custom fields I've set. If nothing is put in the field. It'll use the default style.

To do this I had to put this style ABOVE all the tab renders in comprofiler.html.php. This can be located by searching for: [code:1]<div id=\"cbProfileInner\">[/code:1]

The code I've made is pasted directly above it:
[code:1]
echo "<style>
.sectiontableheader { background-color:".$user->cb_tablebgheader.";color:".$user->cb_tabletxtheader."; }
.sectiontableentry1 { background-color:".$user->cb_tablebgentryone.";color:".$user->cb_tabletxtentryone."; }
.sectiontableentry2 { background-color:".$user->cb_tablebgentrytwo.";color:".$user->cb_tabletxtentrytwo."; }
.cbProfile { color:".$user->cb_profiletxtcolor.";background-color:".$user->cb_profilebgcolor.";background-image: url(".$user->cb_profilebgimg."«»); background-repeat:".$user->cb_profilebgimgrepeat.";background-position:".$user->cb_profilebgimgpos.";background-attachment:".$user->cb_profilebgimgattach."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-page { background-color:".$user->cb_tabpagebgcolor."; color:".$user->cb_tabpagetxtcolor."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-page a { color:".$user->cb_tabpagelinkcolor."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-row .tab { background-color:".$user->cb_tabbgcolor."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-row .tab.selected { background-color:".$user->cb_tabbgselectcolor."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-row .tab.hover { background-color:".$user->cb_tabbghovercolor."; }
.dynamic-tab-pane-control .tab-row .tab a { color:".$user->cb_tabtxtcolor."; }
.cb-tips-button, .cb-tips-button:link, .cb-tips-button:visited, .cb-tips-hover { color:".$user->cb_tabtxtcolor.";background-color:".$user->cb_tabbgcolor.";border: 2px solid ".$user->cb_tabbordercolor."; }
.cb-tips-button:hover , .cb-tips-hover:hover { color:".$user->cb_tabtxtcolor.";background-color:".$user->cb_tabbghovercolor."; }
.cb-tips-fg { background-color:".$user->cb_mocontentbgcolor."; }
.cb-tips-font { color:".$user->cb_mocontenttxtcolor."; }
.cb-tips-bg { background-color:".$user->cb_motitlebgcolor."; }
.cb-tips-capfont { color:".$user->cb_motitletxtcolor."; }
.contentheading { color:".$user->cb_profileusernamecolor."; }
</style>";
[/code:1]

This allows me to overrite the default style without having to add a ton of work to it. What I saw with the current customize plugin was it was very limited AND require the plugin to write a new css file. Just a lot of trouble for something that can be made so simple.

Then I've modified the main tabs display so I can show the tabs based on a users setting. I didn't just want to hide the tabs as then someone to go to view source and see the info anyway. I want to to flat out not render them. So I located: [code:1]if (isset($userViewTabs["cb_tabmain"])) {[/code:1]

Then pasted this directly between the brackets:
[code:1]
global $database, $my;
$isSiteMod=(strtolower($my->usertype) == 'administrator' || strtolower($my->usertype) == 'super administrator' || strtolower($my->usertype) == 'publisher');
$isProfOwner=($my->id==$user->id);
$isRegUser=($my->id>0);

$query="SELECT count(*)"
. "\n FROM #__comprofiler_members"
. "\n WHERE memberid=".$user->id
. "\n AND referenceid=".$my->id
. "\n AND accepted=1 AND pending=0";
$database->setQuery($query);
$isFriend = $database->loadResult();

$NotAllowedFriend="<div align='center'><b>You need to be a friend to view this users tabs.</b></div><div class=\"cbClr\"></div>";
$NotAllowedUser="<div align='center'><b>You need to be a member to view this users tabs.</b></div><div class=\"cbClr\"></div>";
$Allowed="\n\t\t<div class=\"cbPosTabMain\">".$userViewTabs["cb_tabmain"]."</div><div class=\"cbClr\"></div>";

if ($user->cb_tabprivacy=='Friends') {
if (!$isFriend && !$isProfOwner && !$isSiteMod) {
echo $NotAllowedFriend;
}
else {
echo $Allowed;
}
}
elseif ($user->cb_tabprivacy=='All') {
echo $Allowed;
}
elseif ($user->cb_tabprivacy=='Users') {
if (!$isRegUser) {
echo $NotAllowedUser;
}
else {
echo $Allowed;
}
[/code:1]

I've got a few other hacks as well for adding a users "mood" they've selected via settings directly next to their username display on the profile. With a mood selected it'll say: (Username) is (mood). Without a mood it simply displays the username. I could not achieve this with a plugin. So I hacked it in.

All of these really weren't doable, because the location that you can place plugins is limited. So I COULD do the style change IF it allowed me to place a tab above the profile render.

It's not really a big deal for me. As I understand ya guys can't simply design around a few features that most probably won't use.

I'm just designing a massive social networking site. Maybe I'll be the first with a site on the scale of myspace to use joomla and CB, lol.

All I know is I've made every aspect of the profile completely customizable and added every feature plus more that other social networks offer. I've got the CB and Joomla teams to thank for that.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/02 17:56

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76399 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:Changelog RC3
Well maybe this could be tested by CB core team and implemented in the next stable version?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds