Plugins ????

15 years 2 months ago #87747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plugins ????
Hennepdesk wrote:

And what is the answer on my question? what does your post add for extra info to the community? For me you only spam my post.

When people are or get informed then they can understand why there is a delay now dates are never kept and only the Cb team knows?? I doubt so.

Hennepdesk

I apologize if you view my response as a spam post. I am but the same as you humbly awaiting release.

To clarify my strong points presented in my previous post here is a list as follows:
    Release Info wasn't planned to being given, but people continued to beg for such information. A best guess was given and those upset are those who desperately needed that information. Unfortunately this is going to happen with a guesstimate, which is what all release dates are in the code world.
    This is an open source project, which means you are not at the mercy of the developers. You're free to make what necessary changes are needed to the code so it functions for your needs or at the least temporarily until a new version releases.
    The forums receive heavy attention and attempts are made to give each individual assistance to the best of ones abilities. However, this becomes problem when more and more posts need consistent attention. It's hard to monitor 20+ posts everyday consecutively while also coding/testing the very things these posts desire.

The CB team wants the best for its community, but the community also needs to be onboard with the CB team. Every bit of support is helpful. Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome, but surefully low blows or insults of any nature are not and are discouraging to say the least.

I'm sure even the CB team is unaware of release dates at times. I my self am guilty of doing it on many many occasions. Code is unpredictable at times and sometimes a surprise bug hops up and bites ya int he rear. There's not much that can be done other then to fix it and push release date.

So much time was poured into stable CB that you must be considerate of their available time. Doesn't everyone deserve a breather now and again?

So I implore you to relax, calm down, and wait patiently like the rest of us. It'll arrive when time permits it to. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87752 by Hennepdesk
Replied by Hennepdesk on topic Re:Plugins ????
Don't misunderstand my reply but when Nant or Beat state a date I hope they wanna keep there date. Look for the CB1.2 stable. Can we say its one year later as planned? In the Switserland videos Beat talks about the release dates. Later in forum posts he again states dates but can't keep them. The same for Nants reply. I understand its hard to keep a date when you program code and want to do it good. But I don't mind a bug because it can be fixed. I mind kept in the dark and people who can't keep there schedule.

Why start with a complex new module? and let all other plug ins wait? CB1.0 with its plugins never let me down. Better first make the CB component work with the 1.0 plug ins and then make that new module work. Now the community has CB1.2 with??? ..... no working CB plug in. Only UddeIM works :) but it isn't a CB component.

I'm no coder so depending on others work. This is why I'm willing to pay for CB with its plugins or make translations for components to add my contribution.

Hennepdesk

Do you know how to grow?

15 years 2 months ago #87754 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Plugins ????
My quote earlier in this very thread:

My priorities:

- CB 1.2 stable
- CB Subscriptions system 1.0 RC

after these items

- CB privacy plugin
- CB rating field plugin
- CB activity plugin
- CB profilebook for CB 1.2
- CB profilegallery for CB 1.2
- CB lastvisitor for CB 1.2

CB 1.2 stable is released.

CBSubs 1.0 RC is not.

However, I have currently a working CB Gallery plugin for CB 1.2, and I am working on the module.

No dates.

This is a free free free plugin that has been downloaded and is used in many sites.

Wish I had a penny for each image it is currently handling :whistle:

So no dates - but progress is happening.

Thank you for waiting (wish I didn't need a real job - would much rather be more involved in all of this stuff)

P.S. uddeIM is supported in a core CB 1.2 plugin

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/02/04 22:58

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/02/04 23:27

15 years 2 months ago #90056 by Hennepdesk
Replied by Hennepdesk on topic Re:Plugins ????
Any news? about the gallery?

Is Nant's gallery RC1 really released 1 march? :woohoo:

Hennepdesk

Do you know how to grow?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds