Error

Please login first

Deleted user not deleting email?

15 years 3 months ago #87297 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
I understood what you meant.

I was able to reproduce your issue and will investigate the matter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87298 by shedmore
Replied by shedmore on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
Awesome, thanks!

Cool...I just wanted to be as clear as possible

It seems like it has something to do with the getmxrr function its calling to validate (within the cbCheckMail function)...I am new to this component though, and I (admitidly) am not a good enough programmer to figure out exactly what's happening :)

I really appreciate the help!

15 years 3 months ago #87301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Deleted user not deleting email?
After investigating the issue. It is functioning as intended.

The issue arises due to some servers being "hunkered in"; to put it short they're overly protective and will not accept the requests made to them which is used to validate the address.

Just to make sure; you are receiving the ORANGE message and not the RED message, correct? If this is the case the address is not valid nor invalid. It simply couldn't validate it. Sometimes it takes a couple tries and sometimes the server it's trying to validate won't accept the requests.

This is unfortunately unavoidable as not all servers will allow validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87307 by shedmore
I attached the screenshot. (does that confirm what you thought?) I am on a dedicated server at Rackspace...so I should have some flexibility to change settings, but I dont know what to change to allow what your talking about....

Let me know
Thanks

Post edited by: shedmore, at: 2009/01/30 20:33
Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #87308 by shedmore
What I dont undersatnd is why it will let me register a company email from "x@mycompany.com" no problem...but not an email from a large registrar like comcast/optonline?

To me that seems like it isnt getting a valid responce or doesnt recognize optonline (in this case) as a registrar....

What could I change to test?

15 years 3 months ago #87311 by shedmore
I think I may have misread your conclusion...are you saying that optonline (in this case) is not allowing the verification?...)...and that it doesnt have anything to do with my server?

If that is true, than how do I register email addresses from people who are on over protective servers? I still need to be able to sign those people up

Thanks!

Post edited by: shedmore, at: 2009/01/30 21:12

Post edited by: shedmore, at: 2009/01/30 21:13

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn