CB Privacy Plugin - not working for tabs

14 years 11 months ago #98866 by didomi
Replied by didomi on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin - not working for tabs
Any news on this, I am having the same issue.

I want to hide a tab from the 'user edit' section and was told to buy this plugin. I can get it to hide fields fine but tabs always show.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116574 by atlscoob
Replied by atlscoob on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin - not working for tabs
I also need the plugin to work correctly. As it is now I have empty tabs showing up in the Edit mode of a User profile because making fields private works great, but the private tabs still show.

This is critical to our site going live. Considering the number of Document Subscribers with this issue is there any way to make this a priority and get this issue addressed?

I would think since the field functionality works so well that there is just some missing or incorrect code in regard to the Tabs.

Thank you in advance for the quick response.

14 years 5 months ago #116587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin - not working for tabs
Was not able to reproduce. On a users profile their private is respected. Except in these scenarios.
  • The user themselves is viewing their profile. Tab will always be visible.
  • Moderator/Administrator is viewing the users profile. Tab will always be visible.

The latest version is CB Privacy 1.0 RC2, which has not been officially release. We could not duplicate this issue in the latest version. If issue fails to be resolved with the above understanding then issue will be resolved in next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116657 by atlscoob
That makes sense and when tested that appears to be what is going on. However that still leaves me with a problem. I need to separate groups of tabs and each group needs to have a title like the screen shot.

However when I create a new tab and set it as a div the title will only show when I create and add at least one visible field on it.

So what I ended up doing is creating each of the tabs as a raw display without title. Then I created a delimiter field for each tab so that the titles display the way I need. However each of these tabs now show up in the edit profile view.

My question is this - how do I add titles above groups of tabs without having an essentially blank tab showing up in the Edit Profile view?

Thanks again for all your help.

Post edited by: atlscoob, at: 2009/11/11 18:15
Attachments:

14 years 5 months ago #117095 by atlscoob
Any chance I could get an answer on how to create groupings of tabs with titles like my screenshot below without having to create empty tabs???

14 years 5 months ago #117358 by beat
I'm sorry, I tried understanding the issue, read it a few days back, read twice today, still don't understand. In addition have feeling there are separate issues in this thread, which mixes my understanding.

Each one with problem left:

Please reply with a from-scratch complete concise description of problem. Don't rely on others' information.

Thanks, we want to help you, but give us the possibility please...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn