CB not picking up recipient email address

15 years 1 month ago #92045 by yourlocalsheriff
CB not picking up recipient email address was created by yourlocalsheriff
I have added a new user as a Publisher. When I then try to Login as that user I get this message: "Your registration process is not yet complete......." The confirmation message containing the confirmation link does not get sent - as it does not have a Recipient Address, which I would expect CB to pick up from the User record. The content of the message is attached.
I am using Joomla 1.5.7 and CB 1.2 Stable.

I must be missing some obvious configuration field, which I cannot find in the manual.

Can anybody help please?

John

Attachment No_recipient_error.doc not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #92272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB not picking up recipient email address
Does the new user have an e-mail tied to the account? and have you set your registration e-mail address (Components->Community Builder->Configuration->Registration)? Registration e-mail must be a valid e-mail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #92424 by yourlocalsheriff
Replied by yourlocalsheriff on topic Re:CB not picking up recipient email address
Thank you Krileon.
I have gone through the CB Configuration Registration Tab and checked that valid email addresses are input where required. In the General Tab I have also tried the Email Sent From field with both options, but the result is the same.

I am attaching the latest error message from Squirrel Mail in cPanel.

I am happy to provide you with temporary Admin access to allow you to check it out if you wish.

I desperately need to resolve this urgently as it is holding up my pre-launch.

All help is much appreciated.

John Wilson

Attachment CB_registration_error3.doc not found

Post edited by: yourlocalsheriff, at: 2009/03/22 22:21
Attachments:

15 years 1 month ago #92426 by nant
looks like there is no confirmation code in your email.

did you follow instructions and create a PUBLIC menu item pointing to CB Component (mandatory)?

15 years 1 month ago #92427 by yourlocalsheriff
Replied by yourlocalsheriff on topic Re:CB not picking up recipient email address
Thank you Nick A. for your prompt response.

If you visit www.aus4017.com you will see the Frontend User Menu on the Left position. Is this what you mean, or is there something further I need to do?

Thanks again for your help.

John W.

15 years 1 month ago #92448 by nant
yourlocalsheriff wrote:

Thank you Nick A. for your prompt response.

If you visit www.aus4017.com you will see the Frontend User Menu on the Left position. Is this what you mean, or is there something further I need to do?

Thanks again for your help.

John W.

No - that's not what I mean. I mean did you follow the instructions outlined in chapter 2.6 of your detailed guide?

Most likely you have not done this or for some reason you have made some core CB plugins registered only instead of public.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn