Issue with JoomSEF and CB. User profiles public

15 years 1 month ago #92103 by robinboss
This is a issue with both CB and JoomSEF, so I am posting in both the forums.

In my site, I want public access to all profiles, and I have enabled it in CB. The profiles are accessible by public when no SEO is used, and the default SEOs of Joomla (Use Mod Rewrite... in config page) are enabled. However, when JoomSEF is enabled, the profile pages are not viewable by public. If you click on a name in list view (which are visible by public), you are redirected to the com_user plugin, and the com_user part is not SEO URL.

However, if you are logged in, the profiles are viewable. I think it is a joomsef issue, but am not sure.

Please help me, so that I can use JoomSEF with CB. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #92271 by krileon
Bad url rewrite from your sef component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93927 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:Issue with JoomSEF and CB. User profiles public
robinboss wrote:

This is a issue with both CB and JoomSEF, so I am posting in both the forums.

In my site, I want public access to all profiles, and I have enabled it in CB. The profiles are accessible by public when no SEO is used, and the default SEOs of Joomla (Use Mod Rewrite... in config page) are enabled. However, when JoomSEF is enabled, the profile pages are not viewable by public. If you click on a name in list view (which are visible by public), you are redirected to the com_user plugin, and the com_user part is not SEO URL.

However, if you are logged in, the profiles are viewable. I think it is a joomsef issue, but am not sure.

Please help me, so that I can use JoomSEF with CB. Thanks

i think this prevoius post would be of help..

>> www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,93853/catid,77/

solution to enable public access to profiles.
1. enable it in the cb configuration.
2. you need to create a menu item with the link to cb profiles and give it a public access level.

Post edited by: bytebandit01, at: 2009/04/06 10:02

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn