[SOLVED] interferrence from old template

14 years 3 months ago #122248 by kylon
I learned of Joomlpolis from installing a Shape5 CommPortal template. I then decided to purchase and install the Coolness template. Now there are residual aspects of the Shape5 content interferring with the Coolness template. It looks nothing like it should, has no menus, etc. How can I clean this up? I have no data that I care about. Would it be easier to start from scratch? If so, how? Thank you.
Kylon

Post edited by: kylon, at: 2010/01/19 22:28

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/21 15:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #122298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:interferrence from old template
If you don't care about data, then I recommend a fresh install of Joomla + CB + Coolness. As you've stated you have residual data causing conflicts, which there's nothing that can be done about it other then removing the conflicting data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122299 by kylon
Replied by kylon on topic Re:interferrence from old template
Thanks Kyle. In the process of doing that now.

14 years 3 months ago #122302 by kylon
Does it assume that when I install Joomla that I chose the option to have the sample data installed? I reinstalled Joomla, CB, and Coolness and it looks barebone. paydfor.com/joomla/

14 years 3 months ago #122388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:interferrence from old template
kylon wrote:

Does it assume that when I install Joomla that I chose the option to have the sample data installed? I reinstalled Joomla, CB, and Coolness and it looks barebone. paydfor.com/joomla/

You installed Sample data as it would seam. Not sure what you mean by your question, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122397 by kylon
Kyle, You have been very kind to respond. Since then I uninstalled again and reinstalled with sample data. All is working much better - making progress. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn