Problem installing CBSubs

12 years 9 months ago #168945 by philiplardner
Problem installing CBSubs was created by philiplardner
I am trying to install CBSubs on a copy of my website running under WAMP on my laptop before uploading it back to my live host site. I have upgraded CB to 1.4 and am running Joomla v1.5.23.

I tried installing cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_120-E using the CB plugin manager but it does not complete successfully. All I get is a blank white page. I tried increasing my php upload_max_filesize to 32Mb but this made no difference.

Going back into CB Plugin Manager I see that 'CB Paid Subscriptions' appears in the plugin list, and checking CB Plugins Database under CB Tools Manager reports "All CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" Database is up to date." Yet the install process does not appear to complete successfully - no message to that effect.)

Any advice would be welcome.

Phil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem installing CBSubs
Ioncube is not prepared on your localhost. As far as I am aware no localhost package includes ioncube. Please download the loader as instructed in your documentation and include it using PHP.ini in Joomla root and root/administrator or by editing your localhosts default PHP.ini.

lmgtfy.com/?q=WAMP+ioncube

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philiplardner

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169053 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Problem installing CBSubs
You're spot on! Although I did install the Ioncube loaders, they did not install correctly. All working now.

For the record, here's what worked for me...

Installing the Ioncube loaders on your WAMP server / localhost:
  • Go to www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

• Download the Windows VC6 (x86) 'Installer' package

• Open and run the installer package

• Install to your wamp directory so that the files end up in c:\wamp\ioncube

• Open the file C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin\php.ini in an editor and place the following line at the end of the file:
  • zend_extension = "C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll"
  • Save the file

• Copy the newly created c:\wamp\ioncube directory to your website development directory (i.e. c:\wamp\www\My-website-name.com\ioncube)
  • [NB: It is not possible (well, I couldn't!) to run the installer wizard from the c:\wamp\ioncube directory as suggested in other places]

• Run the Installation Wizard in your web browser using http://localhost/My-website-name.com/ioncube/loader-wizard.php
  • Correct any errors the installation wizard flags up

• Restart your WAMPserver

• Go to your localhost website administrator's back end and open the Help - System Info page.

• Open the PHP Information tab and scroll down a little until you see the ZendEngine2 logo - the text under the logo should read something like:
  • "This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
  • Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
  • with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.7, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd."

You're done!

Phil.
www.ihpa.ie
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 9 months ago #169055 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Problem installing CBSubs
After installing CBSubs and various optional plugins, all appears to be working well except that I get the following warning on all of the CBSubs admin pages (and multiple times on the Payments Centre page):

Warning: get_class() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in C:\wamp\www\ihpa.ie_1.5_upgrade\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\library\cb\cb.params.php on line 1478

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn