Shared Content and Resources?

2 years 9 months ago #325342 by Copco
Shared Content and Resources? was created by Copco
I am hoping you might help me understand CB better. I'm new to this product.

I am looking to create, let's say a Global Group. In this group I could establish content and resources (like files, etc..)
Within this group, I could establish any number of sub-groups that people could apply to for membership.
In these subgroups, we could push content from the global group, but also create new content specifically for the subgroup.

So, in essence there is a community or communities. Same or similar functionality at each level and always more global content available to the lower level groups?

Is this possible?

Thank you,

- Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Shared Content and Resources?
It's possible to have that using CB GroupJive, but you can't have groups within groups so it can't fulfill your subgroup needs. You can find more details about CB GroupJive below as it might still be fine for you if you don't absolutely need the subgroups feature.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-groupjive

You can find our demo site below to try it out as well.

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-groups

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325350 by Copco
Replied by Copco on topic Shared Content and Resources?
I think the groups look fine. Now, if I establish content outside of the groups, can I push content into those groups?

I'm thinking the following:

1. There is some content we want available to everyone, that information should be accessible by all groups, e.g. if I create a file that all groups should be able to access.

2. The groups, as I see them seem good. Presumably, they can additionally add their own content, etc..

3. I need to see what sorts of things can be done within the groups, like general posts, adding video or files, creating events, etc..

Thanks!

- Nick

2 years 9 months ago #325351 by krileon

1. There is some content we want available to everyone, that information should be accessible by all groups, e.g. if I create a file that all groups should be able to access.

Yes, but it will require some work. First you'll need CB GroupJive, CB Activity, and CB Auto Actions. Now using the System Actions in CB Auto Actions you can render an activity stream per group that's unique to each group. You'd take this a step further by making a copy of that System Action and adjusting Asset on the CB Activity streams parameters to include ANOTHER streams asset. What we're doing is making it so CB GroupJive groups can output activity from an external activity stream allowing you to post on all groups at once. I can go into further detail regarding this if you choose to go this route, but yes it's doable.

2. The groups, as I see them seem good. Presumably, they can additionally add their own content, etc..

Yes, CB GroupJive comes with several integrations for adding content, but the best way to add modern content is CB Activity and CB Gallery then integrating the two using CB Auto Actions and its System Actions (you're basically just toggling something on so no complication here) which gives full activity streams and media galleries for groups.

3. I need to see what sorts of things can be done within the groups, like general posts, adding video or files, creating events, etc..

Feel free to explore our demo site. Make whatever changes you like as it resets regularly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325352 by Copco
Replied by Copco on topic Shared Content and Resources?
So, this is sounding real good.

Let's say I have groups based upon Profession... Group Doctors, Group Lawyers, Group Accountants. Is there any way to make it so when people register and set their profession we can auto-assign them to their group? Is there a way to hide groups from view (not sure if I'll need this)?

Thank you.

- Nick

2 years 9 months ago #325355 by krileon

Let's say I have groups based upon Profession... Group Doctors, Group Lawyers, Group Accountants. Is there any way to make it so when people register and set their profession we can auto-assign them to their group?

Yes, you can either use the auto join field and let them do that themselves or use CB Auto Actions to force them to join specific groups based off whatever criteria you like (e.g. a field where they select their profession).

Is there a way to hide groups from view (not sure if I'll need this)?

Yes, groups of the type Private are hidden from view. Users must either be invited to private groups or be forced into them to join them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn