searching controlled fields

14 years 11 months ago #101594 by Draakje
searching controlled fields was created by Draakje
I have some fields that can't be viewed when the owner doesnt't have a subscription. But when i search on that field the profiles come up that don't have that subscription.

Is this right or am i missing a setting. I'm going looking at it again. I changed my testsubscription a few time to test, so maybe that triggers this, as i thought it didn't show them at first...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:searching controlled fields
Edit the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Field CB Subs preferences for the field and ensure both Availability depending on profile Owner and Visibility depending on Viewer are configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101610 by Draakje
Replied by Draakje on topic Re:searching controlled fields
Thanks for thinking with me...

Its a bit hard to descibe what i mean. With your suggestion, people without any subscription couldn't see the extra information of people with a higher subscription.

What i'm after is a list of profiles. The more information you want to give to everyone looking at the site the higher the subscription should be.

How more info how more specific you can be found by people interested in your profile.

But when people have entered extra info and downgrade their subscription, they shouldn't be found with that info that doesn't get shown in their profile anymore.

But everyone should be able to search with parameters belongin to the highest group. But only getting people with that info AND the subscription.

My problem seems to be that when i login with an account with all specific fields then i can search with all fields. When i'm not logged in i can only search on lesser variables..

Does that make sense?

Post edited by: Draakje, at: 2009/06/09 22:50

14 years 11 months ago #101640 by Draakje
PS. I hadn't complimented the developers yet... :-) So i just want to add that i'm really suprised by the possibilities so far. It's even a bit much to grasp this quick (just to complain also) :-)

Hats off..

14 years 11 months ago #101652 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:searching controlled fields
I do not believe there is any other way to handle field protection other then the plugin that allows protection based on subscription. You can select multiple plans when configuring the 2 settings I've given you in the previous post.

Example:
Plans: A, B, and C
Fields: 1, 2, and 3

Field 1:
Editable: A, B, and C
Viewable: All

Field 2:
Editable: B, and C

Field 3:
Editable: C

Does this not do what you're asking?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101704 by Draakje
well, thats one part of the thing i'm after...

But the one thing that doesn't work with this setting is the following...

I want a non-subscriptor to be able to search through the fields the profiles are alowed to show/edit on their profile..

for example...

i have the following fields:
everyone can enter:
male/female

subscription:
Haircolor: blond/black

Now i want everyone that comes to the website to be able to search not only for male/female but also for haircolor and age...

I have made a list with all profiles... but when i hit search i see only the fields that are for everybody male/female to search through...

The list has acces everybody and all searchable fields.. the setting on the fields that belong to any subscription are also on searchable...

I hope this makes it more clear...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn