Error

Please login first

searching controlled fields

14 years 11 months ago #101820 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:searching controlled fields
My previous post does exactly that. Ensure the tab and fields are visible and set to public visibility or they will not show on lists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101845 by Draakje
Replied by Draakje on topic Re:searching controlled fields
I have set it up like that. And you would think it does that. But it doesn't show the fields in the search possibilities for people that aren't logged in. When i log in with a subscription, then i can search those fields...

If it will help i can give you a login and url....

By public visibility you mean:
B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No normal cb setting....

Post edited by: Draakje, at: 2009/06/12 17:54

14 years 11 months ago #101853 by krileon
Try performing the search with a normal user that does not have a subscription.

You need to ensure the field is on a tab visible by everyone (param wise, it can be in a hidden position on the profile).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101860 by Draakje
i tried searching as an unregistered person... So not logged in in any way and tried it logging in as the superadmin, that doesn't have a subscription in cbsubs...

14 years 11 months ago #102050 by krileon
Have you checked to make sure the Tab that these fields reside on is visible to everyone and not just registered?

Does a Registered USER without a subscription see the fields when searching?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 11 months ago #102225 by Draakje
I was already organising everything another way. But would be glad if it does seem to work. Now i'm trying to make a lot of lists with just members with one caracteristis and let people search with fields available to everything. Gives the same effect, but is more difficult. Like make a list with all blond people to stick to the example.

I had both on:
Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No normal CB settings... and they are on everybody.

and

Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: 'the plan'

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn