Error

Please login first

Hide links to restricted content

14 years 11 months ago #101777 by mware
Hide links to restricted content was created by mware
This is a wonderful CB extension. However I have what may be a show stopper unless there is a solution. If I restrict read access to content (by article, category, section, or menu), I need articles or links not to appear at all rather than the current behavior which is to appear and then give a warning message about subscription level.

For instance: I have three versions of a document and three plans. I want to display one of the articles for plan a, another for plan b, and another for plan c. I do not want the two unauthorized documents to show or even be linked.

Is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101821 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hide links to restricted content
Not that I am aware. That would require CB affecting other components, etc.. on a code based level.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #101841 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Hide links to restricted content
Should be possible with a mambot that works off a CB field value.

We have been working on this - need to see if we can release it.

14 years 11 months ago #101847 by mware
Replied by mware on topic Re:Hide links to restricted content
That would sure be great. It would make constructing and maintaining sites many, many times easier. As it is, I've decided to use modules, which can indeed be hidden. It is a lot more complicated in terms of site design.

Thanks for the quick response. There would be hundreds of applications for that functionality if it comes available.

14 years 11 months ago #102136 by mware
Replied by mware on topic Re:Hide links to restricted content
nant wrote:

Should be possible with a mambot that works off a CB field value.

We have been working on this - need to see if we can release it.

Do you think there could be a chance of this happening soon??

After a weekend of trying to configure modules / menus to deal with the many variations needed to accomplish hiding the links that I don't need, I'm feeling the workaround I hoped would work is going to be completely unmanageable.

It's too late to start over with another ACL solution even if there is one. :dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn