Error

Please login first

Parent vs. Child Subscription Plans

14 years 10 months ago #102958 by whoever
Replied by whoever on topic Re:Parent vs. Child Subscription Plans

Well I do believe you can easily configure the display of the tab using CSS as you see fit. I suggest using Firebug for Firefox or Web Developer extensions to examine the tab for classes.

I assume you are referring to the tab in the user's CB profile. I haven't gotten this far in setting up CB Subs, so I can't comment on that yet.

My main concern is that as it stands now, when a user submits their registration they are actually shown two subscriptions on the next confirmation page:

Subscription Plan: ParentTitle: Lifetime Subscription for User Free
Subscription Plan: ChildTitle: 1 year for User $9.99

This alone is more than what I want the user to see. After all, I only wanted the Parent to act as a container for the Child subscription plans. I would like to have them organized this way based on similarity of plans. I think it will be too confusing for the user to see two different plans, one that's free, when they really only thought that they were signing up for one plan - the pay subscription. Does this make sense?

My other main concern is that this is going to populate the Subscriptions list in the backend admin with a bunch of meaningless subscriptions to the Parent "divider."

Perhaps I'm not using the parent/child options as the developers had intended. If this is the case, what is the intention for the parent/child options from the developer's perspective?

Also, I suppose I will need to list all of the subscription plans as a separate parent category with no child. Unfortunately, this will not allow me to organize the plans based on similarity, etc.

Is this my only option? If so, do you forsee the possibility in future releases of CB Subs to use a "divider" parent without it creating a registration record in the database? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #103020 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent vs. Child Subscription Plans
Parent/Child subscriptions were never meant to provide a divider, but was just a valid option. As far as separating your subscriptions it can be done with CSS. I do not believe such addition is planned, but will pass the request along.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn