hide fields at registration

14 years 11 months ago #102155 by ronsta
hide fields at registration was created by ronsta
Hi,

I have set up two plans on my site, both exclusive, people must choose one or the other at registration.

I set it up in the workflows area so that one plan has some hidden fields which are simply not required for that particular plan.

When a new user comes to the registration page, both plans are presented at the top for them to choose, as expected. When you click on the 2nd plan (which has hidden fields engaged), the fields do indeed disappear, which is great it's working!

However if a user then 'changes their mind' and decides to select the first plan, the hidden fields do not unhide.

Is that a problem I may have caused with settings incorrectly or some other issue?

Thanks.

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/16 05:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #102193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:hide fields at registration
I am not able to duplicate. Please review self help link in my signature. Read carefully and follow steps thoroughly. Report back if resolved or with requested information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102510 by ronsta
Replied by ronsta on topic Re:hide fields at registration
I have discovered that the problem exists in Internet Explorer 8.
IE7 or IE8 in compatability mode works.

On a somewhat related issue, as a result of finding the cause of this issue, I did discover that my CSS style overflow:visible on the photo frame in the top right corner does not work in IE8 compatability mode (or IE7) - you can see here if interested: www.talentonabudget.com.au/toab/component/comprofiler/registers.html (note, website is incomplete)

Some feedback on your self-help: Steps 1-18 is pretty crazy to get someone to do when you haven't seen an error before, especially point 11. Does a fresh Joomla and CB install work? (in subfolder without replacing current site)
I don't know about you guys but I can't whip up a website in two minutes to test an error

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/19 12:21

14 years 10 months ago #102551 by krileon
The point of a fresh install is to eliminate all outside interference. You do not have to install a ton of components, make fields, etc.. Install Joomla, Install CB, test.

The idea behind support is to rule out that the problem is CB or CBSubs. If it is Cb or CBSubs we will promptly fix the problem. However if related to an outside source we suggest consulting that developer. That's the main purpose of the self help, to eliminate all common possibilities.

You mention the issue being in IE8. Using your own site I tested the reported issue in IE6, IE7, IE8, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, and FF. It's working in all browsers tested.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102605 by ronsta
Replied by ronsta on topic Re:hide fields at registration
krileon, thank you for paying a visit to the site.

You mention the issue being in IE8. Using your own site I tested the reported issue in IE6, IE7, IE8, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, and FF. It's working in all browsers tested.

Which issue did you test out?
The hidden fields not unhiding, or CSS overflow on the picture?

Although it's not Joomla related, would you happen to know which setting in IE would cause havoc at my end? I don't mind if you can't (don't) answer this as it's completely unlreated to CB. ;)

thank you

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/20 07:53

14 years 10 months ago #102770 by krileon
The hidden fields at registration are working fine in all browsers listed in my previous post. They're hiding and unhiding as expected. I did not review the overflow issue.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/06/22 16:51

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn