How to hide subscription plan?

14 years 10 months ago #102362 by theamericanben
How to hide subscription plan? was created by theamericanben
I am initially looking to implement a very simple use case - with 2 types of users:

1) free users - that would use the standard CB registraton process (and not have a plan)
2) "posting" users - that would be able to post content, but for now, they will also be free - and have a "plan"

I want to use different links to come to the registration page for each of these type of user. And I can do this (using the url provided for the plan).

What I can't figure out is how to hide the "Subscription Plan" text and the display of the plan radio button. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How to hide subscription plan?
Yes, disable it's display on registration. Edit the plan followed by clicking Workflows tab. Change Propose spontaneously plan at registration to No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102445 by theamericanben
Replied by theamericanben on topic Re:How to hide subscription plan?
I tried that, but it is not quite what I was aiming for. I want to have the fields for the specific plan available at registration. And to access the registration for that plan I am using the url suggested:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1

But, when I do that, I see the radio button for the plan. I'd like to hide that as subscribers are not going to be aware that they are part of a "plan". And at the moment, there are no other "plans".

Thanks.
Ben

14 years 10 months ago #102454 by krileon
You want the user to not be aware they are subscribing? Sounds dodgy and isn't part of CBSubs. If there's no subscriptions at the time then just unpublish all your plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102460 by theamericanben
Replied by theamericanben on topic Re:How to hide subscription plan?
They are subscribing to a plan - they are just choosing their plan on a link prior to arriving at the registration page. Think of it as offering two options on the home page:

That takes them to different versions of the registration page.

Our buyers are not subscribing to a plan - but they end up still seeing the "Subscription plan:" text on the registration page, but without any choices.

The sellers are subscribing to a plan - but I don't need to display the radio selection button as there is only one plan.

What I am looking for is for plan selection to be hidden on the registration page and driven by URL prior to landing on the registration page...

Is that possible?

Ben

14 years 10 months ago #102553 by krileon
No, this is not possible. Plan URLs will display on registration regardless of the setting you've selected as informed when mousing over the information icon.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn