OpenSSL on godaddy.com?

14 years 6 months ago #113427 by mags
Replied by mags on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
No OpenSSL, but the ssl certs are cheap enough. I did the 5 domain for $59 because I needed multiple domain certs. There are a few things to look out for... the root domain for your hosting account is important. Installling Cube was a bother the first time I did it. IonCube's forums was good... but even the way they said to install didn't work. So.. I changed it a bit.. but this is what helped me figure it out. I found a poste on IJoomla from somebody named RonDawes...and modified those instructions so they would work... let me know if you run into something.

GoDaddy Hosting Instructions:

Download the IonCube loader specific to your server. For convenience, we’ve created a package for GoDaddy users with only the loader files you will need, you can download it www.geodesicsolutions.com/downloads/ioncube_for_godaddy.zip (www.geodesicsolutions.com/downloads/ioncube_for_godaddy.zip) .
Un-Zip the loader package you just downloaded, and upload the entire ioncube/ directory using BINARY MODE to your home directory using FTP.
If there is not one already, create a file named php5.ini in your home directory. This should be the top level directory you can access using FTP. (this is also where you should have uploaded the ioncube/ directory to in step 2) You should now see the file php5.ini and a directory ioncube/ when you FTP to the home directory on your server.
Edit the file you just created, and add this line:
zend_extension = /home/content/m/y/w/mywebsite/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
In the line you just added, you will need to change it to match your site. If your domain name is “www.example.com” then you would change it to be “/home/content/e/x/a/example/html/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so”. If you are having trouble, you can also find what the path is, by logging into our client area and looking at the license details. The license details will have the path that the Geo software is installed in, you will not use the whole path, but the first part will be the same (for instance, the Geo software may be installed in a sub-directory of your home directory).
Save the changes and upload the php5.ini file. Now access your site and see if it is working. If it is still not working, you may need to adjust the path as described in step 5, if you are having trouble with that contact GoDaddy support and they will be able to tell you what your home directory is. (Note that Geo support will not have access to that information, only your host will be able to tell you what your home directory path is)

Mags Ingval
aka: Stan
Free Rocket Theme Module Position Planners
=http://www.twitter.com/staninc
Linux/php4+5/MySQL4+5/Apache
Joomla 1.5.14 CB 1.2.1 Stable CB Subs 1.0.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113478 by fpetters
Replied by fpetters on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
Thanks for your help. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Godaddy with little help.

Do you know if normal SSL works for CBSubs? I was under the understanding that CBSubs has to have OpenSSL. If not, this would make things a bit easier.

14 years 6 months ago #113480 by mags
Replied by mags on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
Interesting, I used OPENSSL to create the cert for PayPal..using the instructions in the doc instructions around page 122-??? and it worked.. but I already had the GDaddy SSL certs installed at that time as well. I'm going to revisit this today though... to back track on what I did.
yeah it still works :-)... you had me worried there for a minute! hahah

Post edited by: mags, at: 2009/10/08 19:05

Mags Ingval
aka: Stan
Free Rocket Theme Module Position Planners
=http://www.twitter.com/staninc
Linux/php4+5/MySQL4+5/Apache
Joomla 1.5.14 CB 1.2.1 Stable CB Subs 1.0.3

13 years 10 months ago #135489 by WebMuse
Replied by WebMuse on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
I'm confused?? :S

krileon wrote:

OpenSSL is one of the requirements for CBSubs, no workaround.

In the post at: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,110/id,113387/
krileon wrote:

You do not need SSL if you're accepting payments outside of your site (e.g. Paypal payment gateway).

What is the difference between SSL and OpenSSL, and how are each used in the CBSubs system? For now I will only be accepting payments via the PayPal Gateway or Off-line. Why is OpenSSL still required if SSL is not?

Thanks,
Webmuse

ps. My GoDaddy configuration shows OpenSSL to be enabled with version OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003. This shows on both their Deluxe and Unlimited plans, not sure about the Economy plan.

WebMuse G

13 years 10 months ago #135609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?

What is the difference between SSL and OpenSSL, and how are each used in the CBSubs system? For now I will only be accepting payments via the PayPal Gateway or Off-line. Why is OpenSSL still required if SSL is not?

SSL is the usage of HTTPS for additional secured connections. OpenSSL is still used regardless if you're using HTTPS or not. It is used to provide a secure line between your site and your payment gateway. It is still a requirement to have OpenSSL. If you're having problems with CBSubs detecting OpenSSL then you'll probably need to go to CBSubs > Settings > License and manually specify the directory of your OpenSSL install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #189327 by MissyW
Replied by MissyW on topic OpenSSL without SSL

krileon wrote:

SSL is the usage of HTTPS for additional secured connections. OpenSSL is still used regardless if you're using HTTPS or not. It is used to provide a secure line between your site and your payment gateway.

Thanks for this information. (Just a suggestion: It would be helpful if this was included in the CB Subs documentation).

Another question:
My transactions will be occuring in Paypal. If I don't use HTTPS, but I find a host that provides OpenSSL, will my users get the dreaded "This Connection is Untrusted" warning from their browser during the registration or subscription process (before it gets to the Paypal screen)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.910 seconds