Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2

13 years 4 months ago #148971 by SusanC
Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2 was created by SusanC
I'm using Joomla 1.5.15. I've upgraded CB from version 1.2.3 to version 1.3.1 and all is green and good. Now I need to upgrade CBSubs from version 1.0.3 to version 1.1.2. I've read all documentation and read me files. I was having a little trouble matching up the names of things in the new package with what I already have in my installation & would like to make sure that what I'm installing is exactly what I think I'm installing.

1) Is mod_subs_112-E.zip the main module?

2) Is bot_subs_112-E.zip the cbpaidsubsbot?

3) Is cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip the same as, or would it take the place of things such as "Luna" "Dark," etc. that can be found in the back end plugin manager?

4) Is the mod-CB_adminnav-E.zip the complete back end UI? (I'm not sure where to find whether I have this or not, but assume I do, since I do indeed have a back end UI.)

5) Is it okay to upgrade by doing this: installing the following in this order, the first 3 using the Joomla 1.5 installer, the latter using CB Plugin Manager installer?:

mod_subs_112-E.zip
bot_subs_112-E.zip
mod_cb_adminnav-E.zip
cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubscontent-E.zip
cbplug_lang_cbsubs_english.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsgoogleanalytics-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsacymailing-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsdocman-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubstax-E.zip

6) Is it right for me to be ignoring the file, cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz?

Thank you,
Susan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2

1) Is mod_subs_112-E.zip the main module?

Yes.

2) Is bot_subs_112-E.zip the cbpaidsubsbot?

Yes.

3) Is cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip the same as, or would it take the place of things such as "Luna" "Dark," etc. that can be found in the back end plugin manager?

No, it's a template specifically for CBSubs that gives a nice rounded display using sprite images and some CSS.

4) Is the mod-CB_adminnav-E.zip the complete back end UI? (I'm not sure where to find whether I have this or not, but assume I do, since I do indeed have a back end UI.)

No, this gives a backend quick navigation menu to easily navigate through CB, CBSubs, GJ 2.0, and any other extension that utilizes its API (similar to the backend menu such as Components, Menus, etc..).

5) Is it okay to upgrade by doing this: installing the following in this order, the first 3 using the Joomla 1.5 installer, the latter using CB Plugin Manager installer?:

No, the install order should be as follows

Bot
Main Plugin
Module
Integrations

6) Is it right for me to be ignoring the file, cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz?

Most certainly not, this is CBSubs main plugin.

Clearly the manual was skipped, please please read over it very thoroughly. We've provided the extensive and insightful manual to better assist you with your installation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149176 by SusanC
Replied by SusanC on topic Re:Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2
I can understand your concern about your excellent manual being "skipped," however I can assure you, that is not the case here. I believe most of my confusion stems from what you are referring to as the "main plugin." In cbsubs_1.1.2_manual.pdf, on pages 3, 37, 46, 84, 103,. 326, 336, 342, 346 and 353, this is referred to as the "core plugin." I'm going to assume that what you are calling the "main plugin," and what the manual refers to as the "core plugin" are one and the same, because the only thing in the manual that mentions the "main plugin" is some information given in the context of its removal, on pages 7 and 38. Please clarify, if this is not correct.

In turn, when I consulted page 46, Section 7.3, Installing the CBSubs™ Core Plugin, it clearly says "The CBSubs™ core plugin is represented in the distribution package as the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.zip file. However, that file was not included in the distribution package. The only file that appears to be what you are now referring to as the "main plugin" is the tgz file, cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz. The only time I've seen a .tgz file referenced in the manuals was in the context of an alternative upgrade procedure only to be used by experts.

Below is a list of what was included in the distribution package CBSubs_112, along with my notes, as I was attempting to glean any info which was relevant by combing through cbsubs_1.1.2_manual.pdf, cb1.3.1_Installation.PDF, the Joomlapolis Forums, and my own notes from the last time I upgraded. There was no "cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.zip" file in the package. Nonetheless, in Chapter 4, (page 36) "How to Upgrade from previous version," your manual tells me to use Method A, as I have a Joomla 1.5 website. It says to just install any elements you have on your website over existing packages, and there is no mention of tgz files.

I might also suggest, that in your documentation, you might consistently use a term such as "CBSubs Upgrade" whenever you are referring to upgrading CBSubs. You would be doing your users a great favor, and it's likely that fewer annoying questions would come your way in the forums. The reason is, when a user searches your documentation for the word, "upgrade," there are over 100 matches through which to search. Many of those occurrences of the word, "upgrade" have to do with the actual functioning of CBSubs and the handling of upgrades to various plans within CBSubs, not the actual upgrade process an administrator or site maintainer follows to upgrade CBSubs itself.

You say to install in this order: The Bot (bot_subs_112-E.zip), then the Main Plugin (what is its file name?), then the Module (mod_subs_112-E.zip) and then Integrations, most of which seems clear. The confusion lies with the Main Plugin. Is this upgraded using cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.zip? If so, where does one find this file? If not, and the .tgz file should be used, then is there a specific procedure that should be used for that file, cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz? I'm afraid that, even though I have thoroughly read and consulted all of your materials, I may be missing something that may be staring me right in the face! Please advise.
Thank you very much,
Susan

cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz
cbplug_int_cbsubstax-E.zip
cbplug_lang_cbsubs_english.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubscontent-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubspostafpro-E.zip
cbplug_cbsubstemplate_rounded-E.zip
cbplug_int_plug_cbsubsfieldstabsprotect-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsvirtuemart-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubscbfield-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsgroupjive-E.zip
cbplug_int_plug_cbsubsfolderaccess-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsacymailing-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsalphauserpoints-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsdocman-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsemail-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubseventlist-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsjawards-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubssqlactions-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsurl-E.zip
cbplug_int_plug_cbsubsplanimage-E.zip
mod_cb_adminnav-E.zip
mod_subs_112-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsgoogleanalytics-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsidevaf-E.zip
cbplug_int_cbsubsremository-E.zip
bot_subs_112-E.zip

13 years 4 months ago #149187 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2
Thank you for your feedback.

Yes the Main plugin is the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_112-E.tgz package (was zip before in CBSubs 1.0.3 and was not properly updated in new manual). This package installs the same way via the CB Plugin Manager.

I have already fixed all references and will also further eliminate the confusion factors you have indicated.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/12/21 09:23

13 years 4 months ago #150118 by bajan4evr
Replied by bajan4evr on topic Re:Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2
FYI. I downloaded the CBSubs today 1:4:11 and the .pdf document still references the .zip file. and not .tgz file in the package. Thanks SusanC

13 years 4 months ago #150119 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Upgrading CBSubs from 1.0.3 to 1.1.2
bajan4evr wrote:

FYI. I downloaded the CBSubs today 1:4:11 and the .pdf document still references the .zip file. and not .tgz file in the package. Thanks SusanC

Yes, I have made this change (and others) but have not released new documentation version yet.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn