Increasing Payment Plans prices - and Paypal

12 years 6 months ago #178487 by aamet
Hi All,

We have CBSUBS 1.7 running on Joomla 1.5

We have about 1500 members who belong to one of several plans. Payment is done via Paypal and all the members have "subscriptions" with paypal to pay the old amount when it falls due.

We want to increase our membership subscription next year. The question is, how is that handled by CBSubs for the 1500 existing members who are part way through their years subscription.

Obviously we would have to increase the price for the relevant plans within CB – but what effect would this have on existing members and their existing Paypal ‘standing orders’?

A. Would it leave them as they are and just charge the new amount when their renewal was due? (best solution!)

B. Make no change to them and need a manual update? (this would cause a lot of work!)

C. Immediately charge the new amount for the remainder of their subscription year on a pro-rata basis?

D. Or something else?

Many thanks,
Philip

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #178501 by krileon
Best approach is to Copy your existing plan. Then disable new subscriptions, upgrades, and renewals for your existing plan. Now edit your copied plan and change its price. Then enable your new copy plan. This way existing users continue with their current access, but can't renew and would have to agree to the new pricing (manually).

Another option is to edit the existing plan, change the price, renewals will invalidate and fail and they'll have to re-subscribe with the new price. Either way is really up to you.

Just keep in mind recurring subscriptions will fail and have to be re-subscribed upon time of renewal. There's zero cause for concern for any single payments with either method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #178515 by aamet
Hi Krileon,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. We will take appropriate action based on this.

All the best,
Philip.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn