Special Plan for Plan Members

14 years 6 months ago #113710 by cellington
Special Plan for Plan Members was created by cellington
This *feels* like it ought to be possible through CBSubs, but I'm stumped.

I want to offer a extra special deal, only to certain people. I know I can create a subscription and only refer to it by URL. However, the prevalence of twitter and forums and blogs (oh my!) means that my "special" URL will quickly be shared with the masses.

Can't have that.

So I'd like to make a plan that is only available to people who are in a specific plan already.

A simple example:

If you come to my restaurant you can get free dessert if you say "abracadabra". To prevent the whole town from stopping in, saying "abracadabra", getting free pastries, and sending me into bankruptcy, I want to say instead: If you come to my restaurant and buy dinner, you get a free dessert.

(and yes, I understand the merits of giving away free desserts for visiting, but that's a whole different use case.)

How do I make Plan B available ONLY to members of plan A?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113713 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Special Plan for Plan Members
cellington wrote:

This *feels* like it ought to be possible through CBSubs, but I'm stumped.

I want to offer a extra special deal, only to certain people. I know I can create a subscription and only refer to it by URL. However, the prevalence of twitter and forums and blogs (oh my!) means that my "special" URL will quickly be shared with the masses.

Can't have that.

So I'd like to make a plan that is only available to people who are in a specific plan already.

A simple example:

If you come to my restaurant you can get free dessert if you say "abracadabra". To prevent the whole town from stopping in, saying "abracadabra", getting free pastries, and sending me into bankruptcy, I want to say instead: If you come to my restaurant and buy dinner, you get a free dessert.

(and yes, I understand the merits of giving away free desserts for visiting, but that's a whole different use case.)

How do I make Plan B available ONLY to members of plan A?

You can try and protect the URL leading to PLAN B based on PLAN A subscriptions.

14 years 6 months ago #113716 by cellington
Replied by cellington on topic Re:Special Plan for Plan Members
Thanks Nick,

I'm still stumped. I like your suggestion of:

You can try and protect the URL leading to PLAN B based on PLAN A subscriptions.

But how? What do I try?

Like I said, it *feels* like it ought to be doable, but I need someone to say "insert slot A into tab B" because I can't seem to make it work.

14 years 6 months ago #113735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Special Plan for Plan Members
Place the plan URL of Plan B into By URL Part for Plan A, which is found on the plans Integrations tab followed by Extensions tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114424 by cellington
Replied by cellington on topic Re:Special Plan for Plan Members
When I try to put the url in the extensions area under integrations as you suggest it does not show up for the users profile. Also the url box has a pop up message about a way to format the url, but it's confusing, please explain this as well. The main goal, is to have the person see this special only plan from their front end current profile. Please help and be a detailed as possible. I appreciate your help.

14 years 6 months ago #114477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Special Plan for Plan Members
Please read your manual on By URL Part usage as well as search, multiple examples are already provided.

Once you've protected the URL simply add the URL to a delimiter field and add it to the users profile. You can then protect that field with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection if you so choose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn