Issue with renewing a subscription

14 years 5 months ago #117132 by cellington
Issue with renewing a subscription was created by cellington
Moderators I was not quite sure if this should be reported as more of a bug or simply a use case, my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

We have a client that changed the bank card associated with their paypal account. When they did this paypal automatically cancels all paypal subscriptions that they have.The client emailed our support team when she found out that this happened as she wants her plan to automatically renew and that she didn't realize paypal would cancel all subscriptions on update. From what we can see on the logs paypal makes and IPN connection and updates the db that the client is no longer on a reoccurring subscription at paypal. What I cannot find is a place in which there is an IPN function, or a function of some sort in which we can send notification to paypal to offer her to have a renewing subscription automatically again without billing her again. Her account is paid for 4 months, and thus she is still active in the system, etc but how do we get her back on a reoccurring account with a paypal subscription and not actually bill her.

Thank You,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #117157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Issue with renewing a subscription
You can't, you'll have to wait for her subscription to expire and she renew as recurring. The IPNs can not be tampered with nor can they be sent manually/customized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #117163 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Issue with renewing a subscription
krileon wrote:

You can't, you'll have to wait for her subscription to expire and she renew as recurring. The IPNs can not be tampered with nor can they be sent manually/customized.

Agree - this is the process that should take place.

Also, I am pretty sure that no tampering is possible to begin with. Paypal should really have some mechanism to ask the user how in fact credit card changes should be handled.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn