Before and After Payment Triggers/Plugins

13 years 11 months ago #132920 by royce
Hi there, my use case is as follows:

1. A user subscribes with a monthly fee.
2. The user can also choose to purchase 'usage credits' that will be used and managed on a 3rd party system. CBSubs publishes this purchase information (and the initial subscription amount) so that a custom plugin can initialize the 3rd party system.
3. The user uses the 3rd party system, and uses up all or most of their credits.
4. The 3rd party system notifies CBSubs to alert the user that they need to purchase more credits. (This can also be done outside of CBSubs where a simple module shows the user the status of their credits)
5. The user purchases more credits and CBSubs again publishes that information so the custom plugin can refresh the 3rd party system

Any ideas on if this is logical and/or if CBSubs has a plugin architecture to support this type of processing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Before and After Payment Triggers/Plugins
Once the API has been fully documented and released it is very likely something "close" to what you're wanting can be developed. There are certainly trigger usages throughout CBSubs, but are not yet made public. At this time you can attempt to create something to meet your needs with CBSubs URL to execute a Code file to perform whatever integration you're needing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133019 by royce
Can you explain the CBSubs URL process and how it relates to my use case?

Also, is there a date for the API being available?

regards,
Royce

13 years 11 months ago #133102 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Before and After Payment Triggers/Plugins

Can you explain the CBSubs URL process and how it relates to my use case?

Instead of the 3rd party system alerting CBSubs, you could have CBSubs alert the 3rd party system and add "credits" to their account upon subscription activation. CBSubs URL will allow you to execute a code file such as www.invalid.com/my_code.php?user=[user_id] which will execute my_code.php passing the users CB User ID variable to it. Very useful for external integrations.

Also, is there a date for the API being available?

No, sorry we don't provide release dates. Is expected to be in CBSubs 1.1 however (again, no release date).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn