[SOLVED] Restrict access 2 module in User Profile PG

13 years 6 months ago #144772 by daywalker0028
i have a live chat component (jBolo) installed in a module position on the user's profile page view.

I've seen threads that indicate cbSubs can restrict access to components (plugins & modules), but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

I understand how to use cbSubs to restrict access to a URL and to content (articles/sections/categories), however i don't think these methods of protection are viable in this case because the chat module is located on the user profile page view. Correct me if i'm wrong, but since accessing the user profile is free (as it should be), i cannot restrict access to the entire url.

Therefor, I need to figure out how to restrict access to jBolo in its module position so it cannot be used by free users and when it is restricted, the same module position will display an upgrade message...Regarding the upgrade promo, I don't necessarily need cbSubs to display the promo (although I can/would use its redirect feature if its applicable here) because I'm considering using another module (like 'The Flash Module') to display in the same position for free users.

This jBolo component is designed for Community Builder, thus, it lets you publish it within a CB Tab. However, i cannot simply do this because according to their developers, the module must be published in all menu positions in order for it to work properly.
Consequently, i cannot use CBsubs Tabs Protect to restrict it because it must be in a module position.

I hope you can provide a solution so i can use jBolo in a module position and be able to allow access only to certain cbSubs plan subscribers .

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/29 15:09

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144824 by krileon
With CBSubs Content integration installed navigate to the plan you want to use to protect the module. Once there click Integrations followed by Extensions. Once there simply select the module(s) you want protected within By Module. I HIGHLY recommend reading the very detailed and extension CBSubs documentation, this usage is covered within it.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/25 20:58

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144909 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:Restrict access 2 module in User Profile PG
Thank you, K.

I did try to research it in the manual and missed it.

My apologies for my user error.

For the benefit of other forum users & those who want to use Flash & FLV Video for upgrade promotions.

This is how I intend to use this feature:
Configure 'The Flash Module' and reverse its accessibility.

e.g.
reverse protect 'the Flash Module' which would show a Flash upgrade promotion in the same module position as the live chat feature.

So when a Plan Subscriber logs in, they have access to the live chat module & 'the Flash Module is hidden, but when they are free users (non subscribers), they will see 'The Flash Module' promotion and the live chat feature would be hidden.

Obviously this could work for any premium module.

I have Not attempted/tested this method yet. So, I welcome your feedback on this method.

Post edited by: daywalker0028, at: 2010/10/26 17:26

Post edited by: daywalker0028, at: 2010/10/26 17:27

Post edited by: daywalker0028, at: 2010/10/26 17:28

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 5 months ago #144915 by krileon
The only way to do promotional like that is to have a free plan that is exclusive so the user no longer has the plan once they upgrade. You'd protect the promotional module with the free plan and protect the paid module with the paid plan. This is the only approach I believe because CBSubs does not provide reverse permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145001 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:Restrict access 2 module in User Profile PG
That is exactly what i had in mind.

Thank you for the advice.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn