[SOLVED] free lifetime plan

13 years 5 months ago #146218 by startup
[SOLVED] free lifetime plan was created by startup
Hi,

I am experiencing a problem since I introduced a free lifetime subscription plan:

I have three plans:
i) a 'basic' plan offering free lifetime subscription.
ii) a monthly plan for 10e and
iii) an annual plan for 100e.

The latter two plans both grant access to functionality not available in the basic free lifetime plan. That works just fine.

I also added a menu item of type URL which points to the upgrade page. I want to do so that this menu item is shown ONLY to members of the basic plan. Thus, I protect the corresponding module containing this menu accordingly using the Basic plan's Extension -> By module function and I chose the module here which holds the menu with menu item of type URL pointing to the upgrade page. Thus, this should be shown only when the viewing user has the plan basic, correct?

When a new user registers to the site, they get automatically put into the basic plan. Thus, the upgrade link is displayed to them. When they then upgrade to one of the other two plans, they get that subscription and they loose the subscription to the basic plan.

However, and I really don't understand why, they continue to see this upgrade link even though it should be hidden from the user as he no longer possess a subscription to the basic plan which is the prerequisite for seeing it.

I know it must be difficult to give advise not knowing more about the plans. They are all similar. They belong to parent plan 'Top'. They are all exclusive plans. None of them have children plans. Every plan allows upgrades to it. Each plan is set under Multiple Subscriptions Per User to 'Only one subscription at a time.'

If anyone has any ideas, I'd much appreciate it. If you need further information about anything in order to help diagnose the problem, please let me know.

Thank you!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/18 17:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146289 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:free lifetime plan
Are you saying the free lifetime plan is showing as an update via the CBSubs module after upgrading to another plan? If this is the case then is working as intended I believe. If you want progress upgrading your 3 plans must be children plans of a parent plan; you could then use them as progressive. Otherwise disable upgrading for the free plan will also prevent it from showing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146603 by startup
Replied by startup on topic Re:free lifetime plan
Thank you, Krileon! I appreciate it as always. I don't know what the problem was but somehow it disappeared. I did not make any changes since. Maybe there was caching problem somewhere. Regardless, again thank you for your support!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds