1.1.1 does not fix the problem. I have the following:

Parent1
child1a
child1b

Parent2
child2a
child2b
child2c

If I sign up for child1a subscription (which still requires me to sign up for the parent1, and this is a major issue as well that may have a workaround with SQL), the only upgrades I see on my subscription page are child2a and child2b.

I wanted to see child1b as an upgrade - the "parent2" subscriptions should not show up until a user signs up for a parent2 subscription.

Also, if I try to click on one of the upgrades, "i.e. child2a", I get an error message that tells me I can't have a subscription from a different parent group - so then why does it show up as an upgrade? seems to be a bug.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
That is not a bug, nor is the same scenario as this thread. You've a workflows issue.

If I sign up for child1a subscription (which still requires me to sign up for the parent1, and this is a major issue as well that may have a workaround with SQL), the only upgrades I see on my subscription page are child2a and child2b.

Based on your configuration this is working as expected.

I wanted to see child1b as an upgrade - the "parent2" subscriptions should not show up until a user signs up for a parent2 subscription.

You need to edit Parent 2 plan and set it to hide the child plans until Parent 2 is selected. Once Parent 2 is clicked the child plans will show. There's no conditional to enable child plans only after the parent plan is subscribed.

Also, if I try to click on one of the upgrades, "i.e. child2a", I get an error message that tells me I can't have a subscription from a different parent group - so then why does it show up as an upgrade? seems to be a bug.

You need to be subscribed to Parent 2 in order to subscribe to its child plans.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/14 18:10

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151652 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
Thanks,

doitsolutions wrote: I might look in to the SQL integration, perhaps somebody has already come up with a way to sign up the user to the parent subscription when the child is selected after being linked to directly (from my comparison table module). (AM I barking up the wrong tree?)

Cheers.
Mihcael A.

Just wondering if this is the right approach? If I link to a child opbject directly will I need to use SQL integration somehow to make the parent also automatically get selected? Or can I allow just the child to be selected without the parent? (I am using the parent like a category to display the plans separately from plans of other categories).

Michael A.

13 years 3 months ago #151720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question

If I link to a child opbject directly will I need to use SQL integration somehow to make the parent also automatically get selected?

This already happens. If you click a Child plan the Parent plan is automatically selected as the Parent plan is required in order to subscribe to any of its Child plans. Set the Parent and its Children as Exclusive and then users would be required to also have a Child in order to subscribe to the Parent.

Or can I allow just the child to be selected without the parent?

No, this is not possible. To have a Child plan you must also have its Parent plan.

(I am using the parent like a category to display the plans separately from plans of other categories).

They're not categories though so they will not work or act like a category. They're typical plans that can be subscribed to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds