Annual renewal set

14 years 8 months ago #106602 by nextstep
Annual renewal set was created by nextstep
I was advised that this was possible with the CBSubs SQL Actions plugin.

(It would have ben so much easier if I had the freedom to set my own dates)

Note: The best way to make safe use of this concept is to post your concept and SQL statement on the Joomlapolis forums for the CBSubs™ system. This way there will be a repository of SQL statements and concept scenarios they apply to and you will not need to experiment and put your site in danger.

Firstly members will subscribe by filling in a forma and sending in relevant details to qualify. They will be added to the register manually. Once added we would like them to auto-subscribe so that banking etc is now at a minimum - this includes sending reminders and an invoice with payment.

Question -- will this be fully automatic? in that the member gets advice saying the payment has been automatically made OR will the member be required to visit paypal and make the payment?

I would like:

the subscription start date: July 1st (any given year)

the subscripition end date of June 30 (the following year.)

there is a one month grace period...(July following year)

then the profile to stop being showed from: August 1st

the profile to be "un-enable" from: September 1st

email reminders to be sent July 1, July 14 Final reminder July 28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Annual renewal set
Here's the query:
UPDATE `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `subscription_date` = '', `expiry_date` = '' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id]

Adjust the subscription date and expiry date as necessary or use the following to only adjust the expiry date so the subscription date will remain the exact day they subscribed (advised).

UPDATE `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = '' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id]

Date Format:
YEAR-MONTH-DAY HOURS:MINUTE:SECONDS
0000-00-00 00:00:00

I DO NOT ADVISE USING THIS IF YOU ARE USING RECURRING PAYMENTS AS YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE SENT THE DURATION SPECIFIED IN THE PLAN AND NOT THE QUERY!

Using single payment will be fine, but users will have to redo their payment each time. However you will get the subscription period you desired.

Please do plenty of testing before using for LIVE subscribers. Ensure you have made a proper backup of your database as well.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/31 15:48

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108481 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:Annual renewal set
I spoke to the person who has been doing my database stuff and received the following reply...

[I looked at your requirement in the thread and in the CBSubs. It appears that there is no simple fix to meet your requirement.

I thank you for the advice and coding, as I have said before, I am loathe to go and tinker with the database, and the disclaimers that accompany your advice confirm that doing this may be a "work around" and low priority, it is anything but simple for the average user.

Please move the ability for the user to set their own dates higher on you priority listing.

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2009/08/20 01:52

14 years 8 months ago #108594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Annual renewal set
nextstep wrote:

Please move the ability for the user to set their own dates higher on you priority listing.

I understand your needs and frustration, but we can not just move priorities because you request us to do so. There are bug fixes and other more important implementations that must be made first. Time is not unlimited nor is it plentiful, which is why there is priorities.

The fix above will function perfectly fine, all you need to do is NOT use recurring payments. This should not be a big deal for you or your clients.

Simply use SINGLE PAYMENTS and change the item text to display the correct duration in invoice, profile, and to your payment gateway. Using the query will get your desired results.

The only exception is when it comes time for a user to renew, they'll have to manually renew instead of it doing it automatically. Again, not a big deal for the majority of users.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/19 20:21

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds