What happens when subscriptions end

14 years 8 months ago #107808 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
Sure stilltesting so thats not a problem but I have to make sure I have the best combination for plan settings.

Can you tellme is there a way to set up the plans so that when a membership expires or a member decides to unsubscribe member automatically drops to the free membership or even just a registered user status.

Currently if the membership ends (either by unsbscribing or expiry) they can not even login, system is asking to resubscribe.

I have 3 plans setup 2 premium and 1 basic. is this the way to do it or is there a setting somewhere which allows members to become registered member only when membership expires.

I am trying different options but feel like going in a loop.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
You need to either create a free plan and enable usage of free plans or allow free registered users. If creating a free plan set that plan to default.

Using 1 of the 2 options will cause your users to fall back to free plan when they expire. When making the free plan make it exclusive.

Please keep in mind Exclusive means MANDATORY. It will not function properly with a non-exclusive free plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108012 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
I think it's getting there, it's incredible that there are so many possibilities.

After I changed the setting, allow free registered users to yes and create subscriptions also for free lifetime plans to no, I deleted all my test users (I think this is very important because if you leave them even though you create new subscriptions they are looking at the old subscription plans) Then I created 4 plans:

Plan 1 Free lifetime exclusive default public upgrade no
Child Plan 2 Paid exclusive default registered upgrade yes

Plan 3 Free lifetime exclusive default public upgrade no
Child Plan 4 Paid exclusive default registered upgrade yes

with this combination Plan 1 and 3 can see all tabs with limitations. Plan 2 and 4 can see what they are supposed to see and when paid membership expires they go back to Plan 1 and Plan 3 respectively.

There is one issue I noticed though, when I tried to control access to url under integration > extensions > by URL parts, it protects the page but it doesn's suggest which plan to select or upgrade, in order to see that page. The page has heading subscription options and the rest is blank. But if I was to use protect by module or by component it displays the available membership options.

Is it a known bug or is there a setting I have missed?

Thanks

14 years 8 months ago #108054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
Hmm, it's displaying properly for me. Are you using a plan a user is actually able to subscribe to when adding this limitation?

If your free plans are exclusive and the plan to see the page is plan 1 but you have plan 2. It won't show any subscriptions with them both being active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn