workflow issue

11 years 2 months ago #220935 by marse7
workflow issue was created by marse7
Hi,

Upgrading a site from 1.5.x to 2.5.x - lots to do! What I did (per client's request and based on suggestion in CB Subs manual) was create a free plan that gives users site registration. The default is the paid subscription plan but the site registration free plan is also available. According to the manual, this is the way to go to allow CB Subs to handle all registration.

The problem is this: When a user registers on the free plan, I've only included certain fields to be available (name, user name, password, email.) If someone wants to then upgrade to a paid plan, the payment goes through okay but the user never gets a chance to included other, membership-type fields. They are locked into the fields that they used during registration.

How do I solve this? I'd like the upgrade to allow the user to include some very important fields in the profile that are not available in the free site registration.

Thanks,
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221001 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic workflow issue
Workflows tab only controls access to fields on registration. To also protect on profile you need to CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. When a user is upgrading their subscription there is no registration process and thus no fields. To update the fields they now have access to after an upgrade they need to go to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221008 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic workflow issue
Thank you for your quick reply!

I came to the conclusion you mentioned in your post and so what I've done is limited the pages a registered user can access. A simple registered user can not edit their profile. You have to join the org to have access to that.

Might I humbly request that a fields 'upgrade' be put on the wish list of items for future versions. There's a similar function on SobiPro AFAIK where you charge for fields. Same with DirectoryPress for Wordpress. For orgs that charge extra for URL listings, etc. this makes a lot of sense.

Many thanks,
Mark

11 years 2 months ago #221063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic workflow issue
The best I can suggest is to use CB Auto Actions or a new CBSubs integration to redirect them to profile edit after a successful purchase. We do not have a partial profile edit page for example. Possibly with a future release of CB we'll have API for this, but I can't make any guarantee.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds