access deny notification (BUG?)

11 years 1 month ago #221625 by ydev
access deny notification (BUG?) was created by ydev
Hi,
I have CBSUBS 3.0.0 on CB1.9 and Joomla 2.5.8
Sometimes happens that the notification "Access to this component not allowed without %s" appears, but everyting in the page is shown correctly. The strangeness is that, refreshing the same page, this notification sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't appear. And this behaviour happens for many pages.
I think this is a bug, but it's just my opinion.
Could someone help me?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
Are you protecting anything on the page you're trying to access? I'm guessing you've By Menu protection in place and are navigating to the page without an Itemid as the By Menu protection is Itemid based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221781 by ydev
Replied by ydev on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
Hi,
no, I have not menu protected by plans. All menu are protected with Joomla ACL.
But what I want to underline is that the appearance of the access deny notification seems to be totally random and it appears even if everything in the page is shown correctly.
For instance, if I refresh the same page many times, sometimes the notification appears and sometimes it doesn't appear.
Why?

11 years 1 month ago #221868 by krileon
I've no idea, something is causing access protect to kick in and log the message to Joomlas message cache and Joomla then displays it on next page load. Maybe you're triggering it in another tab that's viewing your site and caused it to log a message?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222047 by ydev
Replied by ydev on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean when you say "Maybe you're triggering it in another tab that's viewing your site and caused it to log a message". Could you explain better in other words?

And as for cache, in my website Joomla cache is disabled. There is some other kind of cache?

11 years 3 weeks ago #222083 by krileon

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean when you say "Maybe you're triggering it in another tab that's viewing your site and caused it to log a message". Could you explain better in other words?

If you're reviewing your site in 2 browser tabs and 1 browser tab triggers access protection and you review the other tab it'll cause the message to show up, because Joomla caches messages stored to your session and displays on next page load.

There is some other kind of cache?

Nope, not unless something installed is caching.

Best I can suggest unpublish your CBSubs plans 1 by 1 until it goes away and that'll at least let you know what plan is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn