access deny notification (BUG?)

11 years 1 week ago #225203 by ydev
Replied by ydev on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
Hi,
I followed your advice (disable one by one all my plans).
I discovered which plan causes the appearence of the "access deny message".
I also discovered what protection setted in that plan causes the message. It is in tab INTEGRATION, subtab EXTENSIONS, field "Components which access depends on this plan". There I selected a component; if I unselect that component the message stop to appear.
Now... why the protection of that component by the plan causes the appearance of the "access deny message"? This message appeares indiscriminately in all pages in my website, also in the those where there is nothing related to that component (I also tried to disable all modules). And I repeat that the message sometimes appears and sometimes not... without any particular regular behaviour.

So... any idea to fix this problem?

Thank you very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #225205 by ydev
Replied by ydev on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
I forgot to say two important details:
1. The same plan protect two components: one (if selected) causes the appearence of the "access deny message", the other one (if selected) doesn't cause the same problem.
2. The component that is protected by the plan and that cause the problem has a strange particularity: it appears 4 times (with the same name) in the list of extensions. If I selected only one of them, after saving I find that they are all selected.

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #225281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic access deny notification (BUG?)
When you protect a component it protects all access to it from anything. It's usually best not to use complete component protection and instead use By URL Part protection to protect specific endpoints.

2. The component that is protected by the plan and that cause the problem has a strange particularity: it appears 4 times (with the same name) in the list of extensions. If I selected only one of them, after saving I find that they are all selected.

That sounds like some sort of bug with the actual component. Check within _extensions database table and see if the extension is appearing 4 times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn